The Fall of a Hero: Chapter II

He surely had his task, to find the orb and destroy it, and kill the Heroic Sprit summoned/affected if needed. Yet, there was a great problem with that; he was in the middle of the history's greatest battle, with countless soldiers involved. Let it be finding the orb, he hadn't the slightest clue of where to search first. 

Of course, when the apetite of Morgan was considired, it would not be odd for her to select the most famous heroes of the war, which would make Archer's job even a greater pain. Not just that, but he had no chance of revealing himself, since those heroes were sure to have their allies, which meant the whole Achaean Army or the Trojan Army, and Archer had no intention to fight against all those. So, he had nothing to do as he was. He had no information about the orb's location, and neither had any clue about who the Heroic Sprit was. He thought and thought about what to do while watching the clash of two armies, and then decided to go on like that. He would watch until something uncommon appears, even though it was like a torture for him.

If he could, he surely was to rush at the battle and stop it immediately, but he knew that if he did so, he would end up slaughtering the whole army, or maybe even the people of Troy as well. So he was just to sit and watch, while having to nailing himself on his place. He must not have interfered, it would only make the things worse. 

As he was lost among his thoughts, a battlecry among the soldiers got rised. As Archer looked at the way, he saw that among the heat of battle, there was a circle opened for two warriors to have their duel. Archer focused on the duel, to see a man which looked like a giant with a shield and hammer fighitng against a smaller man with his spear, who had brown hair in the shape of low ponytail. Archer could not identify them since they were covered by their armours, but it was not a problem since he was able to see their weapons. 

"Trace, on!" He said internally as he scanned the spear of the smaller man, and learned that this was Durindana, the spear form of Durandal. According to the history it had showed, it was now wielded by the strongest champion of Trojans, Hector of Shining Helmet. And as he looked at the Trojan Hero's opponent's shield, with a gigantic size and nine layers, he learned that the shield was the original Rho Aias, whose wielder was Ajax The Great. Seeing the original shield, Rho Aias of Archer's labors increased to four to seven. Since the shield he used so far was just an image inside Unlimited Blade  Works but not a replica of the original one, it was weaker. But now, by obtaining the original Noble Phantasm, he evolved it greatly. "A place to increase your treasury even further!" was what Alaya said, and Archer surely understood that. 

Ajax and Hector had their duel for a few minutes more, with both disarming each other, punching each other, and ending by a tie. Greeks, who could not go on with the sources they had, decided to retreat. As they went back to the camps on the coast, Archer, without an expression on his face, just looked at the corpses painted the plain red by their blood. 

After a period of hours passes with armies collecting the left-overs of their soldiers, there fell the night upon them. But, this peaceful darkness got disturbed by the light of fires coming from the coast. As Archer could see, Trojans, who had the upper hand, were trying to finish the enemy army off completely, with Hector in charge. After a few minutes passed by the one-sided slaughter of the Trojans, a flame of hope rised among the men of Greece: Mymidons and a warrior in the shining armour of Achilles had arrived. Yet... Archer knew how this would end, since he knew that it was not Achilles himsef. It was his cousin, Patroclus, who had worn the armor of his cousin, while swinging his blade at Hector. You all are about to learn soon anyway... 

Patroclus managed a great job and pushed back the Trojan forces from the ships. Hector, realising that his force would end soon, ordered his men to retreat. Yet, many of the soldiers got trapped around and faced the slaughter of Patroclus. While Hector was leading the retreat, among the chaos, a man in a black cloak seneaked in and wounded Patroclus from his back. Hector, who got the upper hand, defeated the wounded warrior easily, and taunted him as if he managed anything. Patroclus, at his final breathes, looked upon Hector with his eyes of blue that got a bit covered by his blonde hair and foretell his death would come from the hands of Achilles. Archer was to witness those all, yet there was a thing he could not figure out. That man who wounded Patroclus could not be identified. Whenever Archer tried to look at his origin, or any weapon he carried, he got disturbed by a force he could not define. After his third attempt to identiy the man, the man raised his head to him and stared at him for a while before vanishing completely. Archer quickly stood up with his eyes widely opened, and looked around if he could see that man, completely failing. As if he was made of gas, he had dissappeared in an instant, however, Archer did not feel like he was under a threat. At least, for that moment.