The Countesse of Blood: Chapter IV

Emiya, who was thinking that it couldn't be that bad of an experience, got his answer loudly and clearly. It was that bad. If it was decided to torture criminals by her voice, it surely would be a great of a decision. Not that his ears were hurt, but even the glass of his glasses had a crack on. 

"So, how was it?" Elizabeth asked, as she smiled with pride. "Wonderful, wasn't it? You can be astonished as much as you want, I shall allow it."

"It surely was surprising, to be honest." Emiya said, as he moved his hand to his glasses, before he repaired it with his magecraft. "Even though your skill is undeniable, I think it can be grown better. In order to manage so, do not hesitate to practice every day, alright?" Emiya kindly said, with a smile he wore on his face. Please do not practice while I am around. He said internally, in addition. After that, he took his leave to prepare the dinner of hers, and after serving her, it was her bed time. Seriously, being a fourteen-year-old noble was no help with bed times, her family was strict with those, as it had shown. 

"Very well then, milady," Archer said while standing near the door of the room which was lightened by a few candles alone on the table, while Elizabeth was in her bed. "if anything is needed, please summon me. I shall come to response immediately. I wish you a peaceful sleep." Before Archer was to exit, Elizabeth called out his name. After Archer asked if something was of a request, she spent some seconds doing nothing, before answering. 

"Well.. How to put it.. Good night, butler. Let us entertain again tomorrow, okay?" She wore a sincere smile for the first time, which surprised Archer a little. After he, too, gave a smile as well before wishing for good night again, and left the room. He sighed quietly just after, with his eyes closed, and understood that being a butler surely was hard of a task. The moment he opened his eyes was the moment of his dead-cold eyes' returning. Now that everyone in the mansion was asleep or busy with housework, so no one had a possibility of getting hurt. Tonight was his time to roam. 

After telling the head-servant, Joseph, that he needed to go out for a while, and after arguing the danger of it for like a few minutes, he got out, walking on the lonely streets of the city. While the moon was shining above, he thought of the possibilities that how could he find a suspect. Then, cursing his own stupidity, he set his way to The Tower of Great Bell, which was the highest building nearby. In cases of fire or a manifesto from the royal family, the bell was rang, and the whole population of the city was summoned. 

Watching the city from above was his advantage, as an Archer. But testing his patience had nothing to do with his class. It was about the third hour he sat there, doing nothing but watching over the roofs. He thought of returning to the mansion, since his long-time unpresence might cause a tension. He was just about to jump down, but he realised a figure moving. It was running away from something, or someone, which was not seen yet. As Archer figured the second one out, the bow of his already had its shape in his hand. He saw that the first figure was thrown to the ground, while the second seemed like the one who attacked. But the important part was the fact that the second one had superior physical capabilities compared to the second one. They were so superior that even Archer himself had problems while following is movements. ın other words, it was impossible for a mere human to achieve such speed, which confirmed the place his target was.

While this all was happening, Archer was pulling his arrow already, which was released suddenly, closing the distance of three kilometers within seconds, and even before his enemy could react, shooting it from its leg. His target tried to run away, but its way got closed by the rain of arrows of Archer. He was closing in while shooting arrows, forcing it not to escape. As he arrived, he projected a wide sword in the air, to use it as a ramp to jump down, landing between the unconscious young woman on the ground and the one in a black cloak.

"My apologies for interrupting," He began talking. "but may I join this little Waltz as well?" His opponent did not response, until it summoned a wand, which was made of metal and had a pair of bat wings on its top, and pointed it at him, which shot a dark-coloured magical blast at him. With just reflexes, and not even blinking though this surprise attack, he parried it with a swing of Kanshou. Then, the figure in cloak dashed at him with an unbelievable speed, and swang its wand to his face, but Archer dodged it without a problem due to his Mind's Eye. After their weapons clashed over and over, Archer overwhelmed his opponent and pushed it with a shoulder press, then threw his blade at it. His enemy managed to avoid it, but blade stuck to the ground after hitting its cloak, revealing its appearence. 

The woman was so pale-skinned that it was not possible to distinguish her skin colour from white. She had eyes of golden, which was on a face hidden behind a mask, and had curls of snow white. What she was wearing was revealing her dewlap, shoulders and legs, and her bottom was covered with a solid skirt, with high,heeled boots and above knee socks. Archer sighed as he lowered his guard, with an annoyed expression on his face. 

"You too should be aware that, I already have to look after you at the moment, so wouldn't you mind returning to your own period of time, Bathory?" Emiya stated, identifying her since he saw her weapon. "No, you were calling yourself Carmilla, weren't you?" Carmilla, lowering her guard as well, spoke with a smirk on her face. 

"You can play with that little idiot as much as you desire to do so." Carmilla said. "Just do not interrupt my meal." 

"Said the wife of Dracula." Emiya replied. "I see that becoming a heroic sprit added you much, since the effects of vampirism can be seen on you. Ironic, isn't it, that after all those actions you had done, you became an inspiration for an artist to be drawn as a vampire. How does it feel to be you, Bloodsucker?"

"Not that bad, actually. Thanks to that, my beloved beauty does not get decreased whereas I can increase it with little baths! To think that something like that would grant my wish!" She said as she laughed. 

"Not just the Assassin Class, but you also obtain the necessities of a Berserker, huh." Emiya murmured. "Tell me, Bloody Countesse, what is your purpose of coming here? To get more materials for your supposed baths, or something else?" Carmilla's smirk grew wider as she heard him. 

"Where is she, my younger self? I would like to chit-chat with her a little." 

"This cannot be allowed, I pressume." Archer rejected quickly. "I shall not allow her to become the monster you are now, Carmilla." 

"Hah! Pathethic! The day she becomes me surely shall come, you know it well." Archer's eyes grew wider of realization, as he remembered those words being told himself before a long, very long years ago.

"We shall see about that. Now, tell me the place of that orb, and I shall let you live for tonight." Archer said. 

"Such self confidence for a mere butler!" She yelled as she sent couples of magic blast, which were deflected by his twin married swords, Kanshou and Bakuya. Then, he rushed at her, and pulled her into close combat, which he had the advantage and quickly overwhelmed her. He tripped her with a kick, then kicked her in the stomach, which she managaed to block scarely. Then, even before she could stand up, he threw both his blades, flying across as they sliced the sides of her legs, then slicing the sides of her arms as they returned to their master. Emiya slowly walked to his fallen opponent, as he raised the blade in his hand. 

"Ended pretty fast, didn't it?" He said as he closed the distance. Carmilla, with a final effort, pointed the wand at him, and shoot another magical blast. Yet, it was not aimed for Archer, as it flew besides him, making its way to the young woman on the ground. Archer turned back and threw his blades at the blast, destroying it. But, those few seconds were enough for Carmilla to go into spritual form, and by the help of her Presence Concealment, dissappearing completely, before Emiya spining around with his bow in his hand, ready to shoot. He cursed the situation and made his weapons dissappear, as he turned to the woman. 

She had black, straight hair and a young, beautiful face. She was in casual clothes, and she was not tall. Emiya sighed as he lifted her within his arms, as he began to walk towards to The Mansion Bathory. He might have let Carmilla escape, but he at least managed to protect a woman to slashed open just to be bath water. He kept walking as he raised his head to face the moon, as he oathed under the pure moonlight that he would never let her master become the monster she became in the future.