Chapter 5

Severus sat down on the dark green couch and let out a tired sigh. It had been little over a week since he brought Ara into his home.

 ~Flashback~

Ara was looking up at him with those doe eyes again"I'm going with you?"

Severus nodded"Yes"He confirmed.

The young girl had taken a shine to him, much to his surprise, and had lit up with the idea of going home with him. She liked him, very much. More then the bearded man, and the kind lady who turned into a cat.

"Thank you, Sev'ers"

Severus pat Ara on the head, he was still new to the whole 'affection' thing"Severus"He corrected 

"Sev'ers"She tried again

"Sev"

"Erus"

"Ersus"She repeated

"Severus"

The words tangled in Ara's mouth"Sev"She declared as the amused headmaster walked into the common room 

Dumbledore had grinned at the sweet site"I'm happy to see you're getting along, it's time to go"

 ~Flashback over~

Severus looked down at the sleeping child on the other couch, she had tired herself and Severus out for the night. He never liked kids and kids never liked him, but Ara was different. Just like her mother. 

The girl started to stir in her sleep and quietly let out a whine. Severus prayed she wouldn't cry again. He picked her up gently in his strong arms and walked her to her new bedroom. A pale yellow room full of her clothes and toys. A small crib in the corner. It was much brighter then anything else in the old house. 

"Goodnight, Ara"He whispered.

Ara snuggled into the stuffed lynx and let out happy mewing sounds in her sleep. Severus let a ghost of a smile cross his face before he stepped out of the room and into his office. 

She was his daughter now, he had to start acting like it.