Chapter 25

"Your kiss peels off my pain and your embrace keeps me warm."

How is it that you are the most feared CEO of a successful company but you get tongue tied around your wife? Atharva was rendered speechless yet again

Does she know how those words affect my heart?

He didn't hear the door burst open and people cheer happy anniversary because he was in a bubble of his own world.

What she was doing was very wrong. She couldn't come to him and say I love you just like that nor could she say those honeyed words which melted his heart every time against his mind's protest.

He was brought back from his chain of thoughts when a hand tugged at his arm and pulled him from behind the pillar. He could tell it was Aahana from the gentleness of the hold.

They paused in front of Aahana's parents, and she hugged both of them happily, a huge grin adorning her features. "Happy Anniversary! I am so sorry for wishing you this late."

They smiled at her through unshed tears. "It's okay, sweetie. Thank you."

Atharva watched them silently and felt his heart constrict painfully. Why couldn't I have a family like this? He forced a smile on his face and wished them as warmly as he could and though they didn't sense his inner turmoil and smiled, Aahana very well could see through him and gripped his hand, lacing her fingers with his and giving a gentle squeeze.

"Aahana told us that you were busy and couldn't attend her birthday celebration." Geetanjali, Aahana's mother, smiled as she saw their little moment.

"Er, yeah. Work is very hectic."

Aahana knew Atharva was getting uncomfortable as time ticked by so she politely excused themselves, telling them was starving and wanted to try the food already.

Her parents laughed and let them go.

Atharva heaved a sigh of relief as they securely reached a table far away from the crowded sight. He slumped on the chair and waited for Aahana who came in a few seconds with their plate of food. She sat on the chair beside him and handed him a glass of water.

He nodded in thanks and gulped it down his throat before they both proceeded to eat silently. But suddenly Atharva stiffened and his spoon slipped out of his fingers and onto the plate. He wiped his mouth with a tissue and stood up at the speed of lightning.

"I am leaving." He announced and took a step forward but Aahana held his arm and stopped him from moving.

She gave him a questioning look and he gestured towards the door with a tilt of his head. She followed his gaze and understood why. Saxena family was here, more so Urvashi was here looking around for someone and if Aahana wasn't wrong, she knew that someone was Atharva.