Is it too much to ask for... you?

Robert’s POV

A few days had past and Tom didn’t seem to make any improvement. He had developed fever, which was enough to suspect he was developing an infection on that wound. I know what that was like, at least I believe it must be similar to what I went through before. They told me I was lucky to be alive. Knowing this doesn’t help my mind at all. Tom didn't have his hand, I had a really bad wound, but I didn’t lost any member.

He hadn’t regain consciousness still, he would wake up, but say confusing things and beg for the pain to end. Belle said I was like that. It killed me to see him like that.

I kept my distance the entire time, I didn’t even want to know anything else.

Mary still didn’t talk to me or, if she did, she would blame me for his situation. So I tried not to be so close to them. Zahra, Omar and Deon occasionally came to talk to me, but nothing relevant. Belle was the only one who would leave my side.

“Good morning” Belle smiled at me as I softly opened my eyes, thefew solar rays hitting my face

“Morning, Belle” I closed my eyes again

I felt her hands moving to caress my face. She knew exactly how to make me feel better and relaxed.

Her hands softly moved to my head, caressing my hair before softly massaging me.

“Hmmm” I moaned “That feels really good, Belle”

“I want you to have a relaxed day, honey. Enough of torturing thoughts” she kissed my cheek, not stopping her amazing massage.

Jesus, I was completely lost in her touch. Her hands were really skillful.

I opened my eyes to look at her, incredibly close to me. Her sweet eyes looking into mine in such a loving way. Her hands came to a stop, we started to get lost in each other’s eyes. I could swear we were getting closer and closer.

What the hell are you doing, Goswick?! My mind yelled at me

Betraying Catherine now, are we? A voice kept yelling inside my mind.

“Uhh” I moved away “I’m going to… get us some breakfast” I quickly walked towards Omar and Zahra, who were sharing some food as well.

“Morning, Robert” she smiled at me “Feeling better?”

I glanced at them “Uh… is there anything needed for today?”

Omar looked at me “Well, we should try go and get some more food. Our supplies won’t last forever”

I nodded “I’ll join you”

“Robert?” Zahra looked at me

“Yes?”

“Is everything ok?”

“I’m fine, Zahra”

“I have some news for you”

I looked at her, curiously “Tom seems to be conscious”

My eyes widened “He’s… really awake?”

“Yes. At least Mary just came here to tell us. He… asked for you”

I gulped “M-Me?”

“Yes, you should go and see him”

I wasn’t sure if I should.

But he requested me? I need to go.

Take a deep breath, Goswick, go.

I felt my feet moving towards the place he was with Mary. She glanced at me with angered eyes before leaving “he asked for you, otherwise I wouldn’t let you come any closer”

I looked at her, not saying a word, before kneeling next to Tom

“R-Robert?”

“Hey, Tom” I whispered “How are you feeling?”

“R-Ready for another one” he joked

“Right...” I looked at him “Look, I’m sorry Tom”

He glanced at me, weakly “You could have left me there. You d-didn’t.”

I looked at him “You s-saved my life, Robert”

I looked at him, wanting to talk, but not really sure if I should say what was on my mind.

“I’m really s-sorry for everything” he whispered “I just… d-don’t want Belle to suffer” I closed my eyes. Everything inside me was a mess. I don’t even know what to think anymore.

“Just be ok, promise me, buddy?” I grabbed his hand, the only one he had left. His right hand.

“I p-promise” he half smiled “If you did i-it. I can do i-it, right? No w-way you’re stronger than m-me” he joked

I smiled “You better be”

“My hand hurts like hell” he glanced at me “Is that weird?”

I glanced at him “Belle told me it’s normal. I don’t know. I think it is weird to feel pain in a member you no longer have but… if she says so, I believe her”

He smiled at me “D-Don’t hurt her… Robert”

I looked down “I don’t want to, Tom”

Belle’s POV

I didn’t move my body ever since he left. My heartbeat was so quick, my hope increasing as I felt him so close to me. My hormones jumping, longing for his lips. Was it asking for too much?

I mean… I know he won’t ever stop loving her, but… I feel like I’m starting to need more than just his presence by my side.

Am I allowed to do so?

I knew he wasn’t ok, I knew how he was and how he always over thought everything. That was just who he was. If he did something he didn’t think was correct, his mind would torture him for a long time. I think that’s what keeps him away from me. He doesn’t want to do something he might regret, I think. I just wished he would love me, even if just a tiny bit of the love he feels for her.

He never came back to me, that night, it was the coldest night I have ever had.

What do you think?

Is this getting boring?

Feel free to tell me, or if you have any ideas, just share!

Comment and Vote,

Love,

Carly*