The days that followed

Belle’s POV

I slept peacefully during the next few hours after giving birth, only occasionally waking up for Caty. Despite the pain, I couldn’t be more comfortable. He was next to me again, he held me close and warmed my body again. I was still a little bit mad at him, I still wanted to talk to him about what had happened, but I felt too weak for that. I could understand, I seriously could. I just wanted to make sure he wouldn’t leave me like that ever again.

I was so glad he came and was present for Caty’s birth. Despite everything, I couldn’t have asked for more, he was there with me, supporting me, the entire time.

Caty had cried during the night, she wouldn’t skip her meal every two or three hours. I had never really thought about it, but our beauty sleep would never be the same. However, Robert never let me stand up, he would go there and carefully hold her to bring her to me. He was already a doting daddy, which made me really happy. I could see how our little Caty brought a new sparkle to his eyes, a sparkle I had never seen before.

He had helped me cleaning my body the morning after, he had even tried to make me breakfast, he ended up asking Mary or Zahra for help. I chuckled, I could see he was trying, he even promised me he would become an expert cooker. We were slowly going back to what we used to be, and that made me really happy. I just, still, didn’t have him. That would really be the one thing to make me the happiest woman in the world.

“Hey” I looked at Tom who sat next to me, a few days later

“Hey Tom” I smiled

“How are you and the little princess?”

“I’m feeling better, still a bit sore though” I whispered “Caty is great, I think she has been gaining weight and height everyday”

“She’s too beautiful” he smiled at me “And those eyes, well, too gorgeous”

“Makes him remind of Catherine” I whispered

“Well… don’t blame him, Belle. She really has her eyes, or his mother’s eyes, however you prefer it”

“I know, I know she was his sister, Tom” I looked down “I would never blame him” I looked to my left, where Robert was in a deep sleep with Caty next to him, also sleeping. I looked at Tom again “I can’t even describe how I feel, you know?”

He smiled “You keep saying he’s a doting daddy, but you’re quite a doting mommy as well”

I chuckled “I’m not going to deny it”

“And it will be a matter of time until Robert finally realizes how much he’s in love with you”

My heart swell at those words “D-Don’t say those things to me, Tom” I whispered

He put his hand less arm around me “I do not want to make you sad, Belle. But I’ve known Robert since he’s… well… since forever.” He smiled “I know what I am saying”

“I am not going to…” he interrupted me

“Well, you should. Just ravish him already, he wouldn’t complain, I’m sure” Tom chuckled

“My lower parts are ruined, Tom. I do not wish to ravish anyone right now. Even if that someone is Robert”

He chuckled “Well… maybe later then.”

I poked his shoulder “You’re so silly sometimes, cousin” I smiled “But tell me… how are you and Mary?”

It was just the beginning of an endless yet really overwhelming conversation.

Omar’s POV

“Ladies, please, I’ve heard. Don’t talk about that anymore” I sighed

“Omar, we’re just commenting.” Zahra said

Mary looked at me “Tom told me, that’s when I knew”

Deon looked at me, then back at them “He fell in love with his own sister?”

“Which he didn’t know existed, Deon.” I interrupted again “Are you all seriously going to judge the boy?”

“No, not really… I mean, that’s tough” Deon looked down “So that’s why he’s taking so long to finally get Belle?”

I chuckled “He’s a good man, he has principles. I’m sure he doesn’t want to hurt anyone. He’s confused. Please stop whispering around about him, ladies”

Zahra came to hug me “You’re right, honey. Only he knows what he’s been through”

Robert’s POV

“Ahh uuhh hmmm” I heard my little princess next to me, starting to move. I softly opened my eyes and started massaging her tiny belly

“It is ok, princess. What’s wrong?”

“Aahh, uuh” She looked as if she was about to cry

“Oh, do you want mommy’s breast?” I sat down and looked at Belle, who was speaking to Tom, near me

“I fed her about an hour ago, Robert” Belle told me

I held Caty in my arms “What is wrong then, Caty?” I whispered

It was by then a famous smell caught my nose “Oh, I got it!” I said “Woooaah, mommy can never say daddy’s farts stink after she smells this”

I heard Belle laughing hard behind me. I loved listening to her laughing

“That is impossible, Robert!”

“No it’s not!”

So, one more chapter!

I don't have anything else written, but I do believe there won't be much more chapters until the end!

Please comment and vote!

Also updated my new story: The maid of Wedgemore!

Love,

Carly*