Little Teddy Bear

*Four Years Later*

The life of the nomad group, which was now crossing Pakistan and near the Indian frontier, continued through the years. Nothing seemed to change much, unless for the children who grew up faster everyday. Little Caty was now nine years old and little Edward was four. Despite being a minimized version of his father, the boy had a personality that could assimilate much to his mother’s.

There was another novelty to the group. Mary was carrying a child. She and Tom would be parents. The group was getting bigger, and they shared the feeling that it would not stop soon.

“Come on, Omar!” Robert shouted, pushing Omar to run with him

“I am going to kill you, Goswick!” Omar yelled at Robert.

“That is if we’re not killed soon” Robert chuckled

“Oh, and you find this funny!” Omar breathed hard

They were being chased by some men with shot guns after being caught stealing supplies.

“You are getting old, Omar” Robert chuckled

“Oh, shut up you!”

They ran for some more moments before they finally loose them. Omar let his body fell to the floor

“This is your fault”

Robert’s eyes widened

“How is this my fault? We were both there!”

“If you hadn’t been so annoying, telling me you wanted to go to the toy’s store, we wouldn’t have argued, therefore would have been caught”

“If they hadn’t invented crucifixes, Jesus Christ would have been killed anyway. Don’t put it on me, old man!”  

“Stop calling me that, annoying man!”

Robert chuckled, how he loved to get him irritated.

“Let’s go then. And next time we are really going to a toy’s store. I want to get something for the kids”

Omar finally stood up and walked alongside Robert “You’re a good father, after all.”

Robert looked at him, taking his time questioning what he had in his mind

“Didn’t you and Zahra ever think of having children?”

Omar looked down “All the time. We’ve tried and all. Anything ever happened.”

Robert looked at him, feeling bad “Well, you are still on time, right? You can keep trying. I’m sure it will happen someday”

“Yes, but, it’s less probable now”

Robert looked down “I never knew about that”

“It is… what the hell happened?!” He snapped when they were reaching their camp.

Robert’s eyes widened, fear started to consume his body. He quickly ran there to find it empty. Everything was destroyed.

“B-Belle?!” He yelled

“BELLE?!” He looked around, desperately

“CATY? ED?!”

Omar’s reaction was similar. His heartbeat increased, watching their camp, their home, destroyed.

“ZAHRA?”

“BELLE?!”

Nothing.

No one was there.