Birth

Robert’s POV

“Nice day of hunting” Deon smiled at us as we walked back to our camp “We were able to get a lot”

I looked at him, I don’t know why but I’ve had the feeling of punching him right in the face all day. He was really annoying me, even more when he opened his mouth.

“Yes. We got a lot today” Omar commented as well, before turning to me “So, how are you holding up?”

I glanced at him “I’m fine.” I coldly said

“Ih, someone is in a mood today” Deon whispered

“Problem?!” I snapped

His eyes widened “No… uh, not at all. What is wrong with you man?!”

“AHHH” I heard painful groans far away, coming from our camp.

Holy shit, I know that voice very well.

I dropped everything I had in my hands and started running as fast as I could. Was something happening?

“Belle?!” I yelled

“Robert!” I heard Mary yelling back

I ran for some more moments until I reached them. I saw Belle lying down, legs wide opened, Zahra with her and Tom next to her. That image was purely shocking to see

Mary ran to me “Calm down, Robert”

I looked at her, that was the first time in a really long time she spoke to me.

“What’s happening?”

“The baby is coming”

My eyes widened “I need to go to her” I said

“Are you sure?”

“Of course I am sure!” I ran to Belle

“Belle…” I knelt next to her “How are you feeling?”

“How do you think I’m feeling?!” she snapped, breathing hard.

I looked at Tom, then at Zahra “For how long as this been going?”

“Since early morning, after you guys left”

My eyes widened, we had been hunting for some good hours.

“Ahhh, I can’t… I can’t do this” Belle cried in pain

I held her hand tightly before siting behind her, making myself a support for her to lean back. “You can do this Belle” I kissed her forehead as she cried and groaned in pain “I now you can. You’re the strongest and bravest woman I’ve ever met”

“Ahhh” she shouted painfully “R-Robert…”

She tightened her grip on my hand

“I’m here Belle. I will always be. I’m sorry, I’m an idiot” I whispered on her ear “I’m not leaving”

My heart beat was running the marathon, It pained me to see her under so much pain. I knew women had to go through a lot to have a baby, but seeing it was completely different. I wish I could help somehow…

“Push Belle, c’mon push honey!” Zahra kept telling

“Ahhhh!” Belle yelled “You… are… aaaah… an idiot”

I smiled, kissing her forehead “I am, I’m such an idiot”

“Ahhh” She threw her head back into my shoulder. She was sweating and getting really pale. I'm really worried.

“It’s almost here, Belle!” Mary appeared next to Zahra, both helping the child coming out “Keep pushing!”

“Aaaah I can’t!” Belle yelled

“Yes you can, honey. You can” I whispered

She gave one final push, squeezing my hand really hard “Aaaah” she cried, her head falling against my shoulder again.

I caressed her face as she breathed really hard, crying.

However, another cry was heard.

I felt as if my heart stopped.

“It’s a girl!” Zahra yelled “Oh my God!”

My eyes widened as I looked at her, pushing the baby up, softly cleaning her and involving her tiny body in a sheet. My princess. Our princess.

“Belle… you did it honey” I kissed her forehead “Look, our princess”

“Here you go, mommy!” Zahra smiled, approaching to give our princess to Belle.

She cried, holding her, I think I wasn’t able to hold my tears either. She was perfect.

“S-She’s beautiful” Belle cried “You were right… Robert”

I kissed her forehead “She’s perfect” My hand raised to touch her tiny face. She was really calm now. Despite everything, she was home.

She opened her petite eyes, as if already trying to see something.

It was when I noticed. My eyes widened.

My jaw dropped

She had blue eyes.

None of us had blue eyes…

 “Catherine” Belle whispered

One more chapter people! What do you think?

Meanwhile, I'm also working on my new story and getting ideas for a sequel for The Player.

Comment and Vote!

Love,

Carly*