Four

She slept peacefully for hours. She rolled over on her bed with a groan. It was the first peaceful moments of sleep she had gotten. She was hoping she would be able to go to bed later that night without a hitch. She slowly climbed out of bed and shuffled her feet out of her room and to the bathroom. She took a nice long hot shower to wash away any remaining remnants of what happened to her. She enjoyed the hot water beating down on her skin, although she didn't particularly care for the stinging on her body from open wounds.

She dried off and headed for her bedroom. She threw on some clothes and walked out. She hadn't seen Spencer yet and she was starting to wonder if he had just left her. It was about eight o'clock at night by then. The sun was gone and she was wide awake. Her stomach started to grumble since she hadn't had a decent meal since before she was taken. The only thing she had eaten at the station was shitty coffee, day old doughnuts and maybe a bag of chips if one of the officers felt nice enough to buy her a bag, which Reid usually did.

She walked into the living room, looking around it to see if Spencer was there. Something caught her eye that was sitting on the table. She walked over to the mess on the table and she saw all off Spencer's FBI case files sprawled on the table as well as a small pile of paperwork he was filling out. She looked over at the couch and he was laying long ways on it, clutching a throw pillow to his chest, his mouth slightly hanging open, and he was fast asleep. She smiled softly since his hair was still neatly pushed behind his ear.

She walked over to the other couch, sitting down on it. She reached over and grabbed the pile of case files. She looked at the name on the file and it read a name she hadn't heard before. She opened it up and filed through the pictures and the documents. It was the cases before her, it's what lead the BAU to take the case. She was looking at the girls who had been taken before her and they all looked like her. She brushed her fingers through her long blonde hair, looking at these girls. They all had bright blue eyes and perfect smiles. She bit her lip as she looked at what had happened to all of them.

Reid woke up to the soft sound of crying. His eyes fluttered open and he looked around the room until his eyes landed on Mavis sitting on the couch with her hand over her mouth. Tears were streaming down her face as she held the case files in her hand. Reid quickly sat up and looked at her. "Mavis..." She turned her attention to Spencer.

"Is...is this what would have happened to me if I didn't..." she couldn't even get out the rest of the sentence. He grabbed the case files from her lap and from around her and placed them back on the table. He didn't want to lie to her, but he knew he couldn't tell her the truth. He just nodded slightly. "Oh my god." She spoke in a broken tone as tears continued to fall. Reid moved to the couch she was sitting on. He wrapped one arm around her shoulder and kept her body close. She moved so she could cry into his shoulder, wrapping her arms around his neck. He rubbed her back to try and calm her down, but all she did was cry.

It was a little while until she finally calmed down. She looked up at him and he moved his other hand up to wipe away the tear streams on her cheeks. "Please don't leave me alone, Spence." She spoke softly to him, a lump stuck in her throat.

"I won't." He started to speak, but it came out extremely broken since he had a lump in his throat. He cleared his throat and spoke again, "I won't..." he muttered to her. She nodded and rested her forehead back on his shoulder, her arms falling around his neck.

Her eyes fell shut and she tried to steady her breathing, so the feeling of wanting to cry would go away. "Thank you..." she muttered small. Her hands found the hem of her shirt and she started to mess with it. Her anxiety was spiked and her depression was at an all time high. She couldn't be left alone and they both knew that.

Spencer held her body against his as she cried herself back to sleep. He ended up falling asleep again holding her.