Fifteen

She woke up suddenly to the feeling of throwing up. She lunged out of his bed and ran to the bathroom with one hand covered over her mouth and the other arm wrapped around her torso. She could barely make it to the toilet in time before she started to throw up. She couldn't even close the door behind her. She held her hair back as she threw up into the porcelain bowl. She gagged continuously since there was nothing to really throw up at nine in the morning. When she was done for that brief period of time, she rested her arm against the toilet seat and rested her head against her arm. She reached up shakily to flush the toilet before another round began. The smell of the food that Spencer was making was making her nauseous. The smell alone was making her feel like she was going to throw up.

Her body was settling down a little and she could feel her stomach stop churning. She soon felt an ice cold wash cloth place itself on her very exposed neck. She was only in a tight black tank top and red plaid boxers. "Spence..." she spoke out weakly. He knelt down beside her and placed his hand on the middle of her back. "What day is it?" She asked softly.

He rambled off the date to her. "Why?" He questioned her softly. He saw her wince when he told her the date. He was starting to get worried.

"I'm late..." she spoke out. He had no idea what she was talking about. Late for what? She worked nights...he didn't even think the bar she worked at was open this early. He was clueless, but he didn't want to ask about it because he didn't want to know.

"Can...can I get you anything?" He asked her softly. She just shook her head and asked him to leave, closing the door behind him. He did what she wished although he didn't want to. He could softly hear her crying in the bathroom all morning between her getting sick. He was worried about her. She didn't even have that much to drink last night so she shouldn't be this hung over.

It was well into the afternoon and Mavis just stopped throwing up. Spencer decided to stay home and do his paperwork from home. Mavis weakly got out of the bathroom and started to drag her feet to the front door so she could slip on her black low tops. "Where are you going?" Spencer asked softly as his hand glided over the paper in front of him. Mavis looked over at him and she could feel her lower lip tremble.

"Drug store." She spoke weakly. Spencer turned around on the couch and looked over at her. She looked awful. She was hunched over from lack of strength. Her face was whiter than usual, completely flushed from color. Her eyes and the tip of her nose had the most color, but they were bright red. Her eyes were puffy from crying. She had a small line of water down her chin from brushing her teeth after throwing up.

"I can get it for you. What do you need?" He asked as he slowly got up from the couch. He walked over to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. He started to lead her back to his room so she could lay down and get some rest.

"Don't look into it, please..." she spoke softly as she slowly climbed in bed with Spencer's help. He tucked her into the sheets and looked down at her. "I need a pregnancy test..." she mumbled softly. Her eyes almost instantly tearing up. Spencer's breath got caught in his throat at the word pregnancy. They had never done anything ever, and she only had slept with one guy since she's been better, but she wouldn't be stupid enough to have unprotected sex.

"Yeah...I can get that. Just get some rest." He spoke softly to her. She nodded her head slowly and her heavy eyes shut. He leaned down and pressed a small kiss to her hot forehead. He walked out of his room, closing the door behind him. He ran his hand over his forehead and sighed heavily. "There's no way..." he mumbled to himself as he started to head out. He put his shoes on and grabbed his wallet and his keys.

It was only a thirty minute round trip to the drug store. He had gotten a few more things than just the test. He had gotten a few things he needed for his place as well as a few things she might need if she was really pregnant. The checkout was slightly awkward, but only because Spencer is awkward. He left as quickly as he could so he could get home. When he did arrive home, Mavis was laying in his bed sound asleep. She needed her sleep after what happened this morning. He placed the bag of things by the bathroom door before he went and sat down to finish his paperwork.

It was a few hours later and Mavis woke up. She called weakly for Spencer and he walked into the room to make sure she was okay. "What's wrong?" He asked her as he walked to the side of the bed she was on.

"Did you get it?" She asked quietly. He nodded and helped her out of the bed. He helped her walk to the bathroom. She bent down and grabbed the small pink box from the bag that was sitting next to the door. She gave him a weak smile as she closed the door behind her. He stayed outside of the bathroom waiting for her to come out. He was anxious and he had no idea why. It wasn't even his child she had growing inside of her. It wasn't even confirmed that she was pregnant. It was only a gut feeling so far.

Mavis opened the door and Spencer quickly turned to look at her. "Five minutes." She mumbled. She placed her back against the door and slowly slid down it until she was on the floor. She brought her knees to her chest, hugging them tightly. She was nervous. She was scared. She wasn't ready for kids, especially not with a man who was trying to kill her. She was barely legal to drink yet. She couldn't have a kid, not now; not while she's trying to get her life together.

Spencer kept checking his watch. It was the longest five minutes of his life. He looked down at her after five minutes and she was blankly starring off into space. She didn't seem like she was even there. "I'm scared." She spoke softly, keeping her gaze on whatever she was focused on. Spencer bent down and grabbed one of her hands. He looked at her and her gaze went from nothing to him. Her eyes immediately welled with tears just looking at him. "This isn't happening..." she mumbled as she looked at him. She squeezed his hand tightly.

"Mavis, it's okay..." he spoke to her. She shook her head violently, repeating the word no. He let go of her hand and she let her legs fall in front of her. He wrapped his arms around her and tried to calm her down even though he was scared himself. She wrapped her arms around him and kept herself close. She wanted that feeling of security to wash over her like it usually does, but she wasn't getting that because he was just as scared as her. "Whatever that test says, I'll be here for you. Whatever you decided, I'll be here for you. Every step of the way." He whispered to her softly. She pulled away from him and looked him in his eyes. She could tell he meant every word just by the way he was looking at her. He was looking at her with such love in his eyes.

"Promise?" She mumbled softly. He leaned forward and pressed a soft lingering kiss against her forehead.

"Promise." He spoke against her skin. He slowly got up from the floor and he held his hand out for her. She grabbed onto his hand and he pulled her up. One of his arms was wrapped around her body since she buried her face in his chest. She couldn't look at it. She was gripping tight to the sweater he was wearing afraid of the worst.

"What does it say?" She questioned softly. Spencer slowly picked up the test and he could feel a lump form in his throat. He couldn't get out two simple words he says on a daily bases. Two words. That's all he had to say to ruin someone's life, but it wasn't just someone it was the one person he wanted to see get better, the one person he loved. He couldn't say those two words to her. She would kill herself and he knew it. "Spencer?" She spoke softly against his chest. She turned her head slightly so she could look up at him, but not at the test.

"Two lines..." he spoke to her. He immediately felt her clutch to him. She let out a few whimpers before she started crying for the second time today. He placed the test back down on the counter and wrapped his other arm around her to hold her close to him. He had done it. He had ruined the life of the most important person to him, and he felt horrible.