Seventeen ; part one

He came home early since the case was over quickly. He dropped his things by the door and scanned the apartment. Nothing was out of place, but something felt off to him. He looked down at his watch slightly confused. Mavis should be at work right now. He pulled out his phone and dialed the number to the bar. He started to make his trek to his room when he noticed a small light coming from the bathroom. He quickly hung up before he put his phone back into his pocket.

Mavis was laying in the bathroom, draped over the tub, her arms submerged into water. Her body was limp and the water was a deep crimson. Her chest didn't seem to be moving. Spencer swallowed back hard as he looked at the dying body of the one he loved. He quickly ran into the bathroom and placed his hand on her shoulder, pushing her back against the wall that was behind her. She was dressed and ready to go to work. In the dim light he could tell that her face was drained of color and her eyes were becoming glossy as her life drifted away from her body. Her makeup was smeared from crying and in the dim candlelight he could see the small glimmer from the razor coming from the bathtub.

"Mavis!" He cried as she laid their limply. He pressed his fingers against her neck and he felt a small pulse. He grabbed his phone once again and dialed the emergency number that went straight to the hospital. He pleaded for help and the person on the other line told him someone was already on their way. Spencer was scrambling to try and close the wounds. He grabbed two small hand towels from the linen closet in the hallway. When he got back to her, he wrapped them tight around her wounds to hopefully stop some of the bleeding.

"Spence..." she spoke out weakly. She had enough of a pulse to actually talk. "Let me die." She mumbled as she tried to open her eyes to look at him.

"Look at me..." he spoke softly to her. He had a lump in his throat and his heart rate wouldn't slow down. He was scared for his life and for hers. He couldn't let her die, not now. He thought it was selfish that he didn't want her to die, but he didn't care. He needed her. Her eyes closed once again and her head fell to the side. Her body became more limp than it already was. Her breathing was slow and shallow. She was losing blood at an alarming rate. His hands were covered and the towels already soaked. "Mavis...please don't." Spencer choked out. He felt her life leaving her body and he couldn't do anything.

The door swung open and two emergency men walked into the house with a gurney behind them. "In here!" Spencer managed to yell. "Stay with me, please..." he spoke to her as the men ran into the bathroom.

"Sir, I have to ask that you come with me." One of them spoke calmly as he placed his hand on his shoulder. Spencer nodded slowly, and stood up, not taking his eyes off of Mavis. The guy escorted Spencer out of the bathroom.

"She has a pulse, but it's very faint. We need to get her out right now." The other man said. Spencer kept his blood soaked hands in front of him, his eyes welled completely with tears. He watched as they loaded her body onto a gurney. He followed them outside, and he watched them hook her up to the machines to try and keep her alive. Spencer was hoping it wasn't a lost cause. He was hoping they could save her.

He got into the back of the ambulance and they handed him a wet towel to wipe off his hands. He slowly wiped off his hands as he watched the EMT men bandage her wrists. She had long, deep cuts going down both of her wrists as an attempt at suicide. "Do you know her blood type?" One of the men asked Spencer. He shook his head. "Do you know someone who does?" He shook his head once again. He was at a loss for words. He couldn't speak. He was starring down at the girl who loved him with an oxygen mask over her face. Her eyes were starting to glaze over and her body was turning cold. Her heartbeat wasn't getting any quicker or louder. She could die at any second.

When they got to the hospital, they left him in the dust as they rushed her to the OR. He slowly sauntered his way to the waiting room. There weren't many people in the emergency room at this time of night. He sat down in a chair, his shirt soaked in blood and spots on his pants. Spencer slowly pulled out his phone and dialed a number he knew by heart.

"What's up, pretty boy?" Derek spoke happily on the other end. Spencer squeezed his eyes shut and pressed the side of his hand against his brow ridge as he fought back the urge to start balling his eyes out in the waiting room.

"I...I need you." He spoke weakly into the phone. Derek's demeanor changed. Penelope looked at him concerned.

"Where are you?" Derek asked softly as he held his hand up to silence Penelope from pestering him about what was happening.

Spencer ran his hand over his eye to rid his eye of tears. "Mavis...she...she tried to kill herself." Spencer barely got out the words before tears did start falling from his eyes. His heart shattered. He couldn't believe it, he didn't want to believe it. He wanted this all to be some fucked up nightmare he was having.

"I'll be right there. Do you need anything?" Derek asked softly since Penelope asked. Spencer nodded but knew he couldn't see anything.

"A change of clothes." Spencer choked out. He then hung up his phone and it soon dropped to the floor, shattering beneath him from how bad he was shaking. He didn't want to believe this was happening. He pressed the palm of his hands to his eyes to stop himself from crying so much. He kept wiping the tears from his face with the slightly bloody sleeve from his shirt. It wasn't long until Derek, and the rest of the team showed up. Spencer stood up and Derek quickly ran to him. Spencer wrapped his arms around Derek in the manliest hug he could muster up with how terrified he was. Spencer continued to cry into Derek's shoulder, leaving a small wet spot on his shirt. Derek was holding Spencer to him, rubbing his back as soothingly as he could. He hated seeing him so upset.

They pulled away from each other and Penelope took a step forward and handed Spencer his clothes. He smiled weakly and said a quiet thanks. He walked off towards the bathroom and locked himself in there. He changed into the clothes Penelope had brought for him and tossed the blood soaked ones in the trash. He didn't even want to look at them anymore. He walked over to the sink and looked at himself. His eyes were red and puffy. He looked terrible. He didn't want to look at himself. He splashed some cold water on his face and with a sigh he dried his face off. He stepped back out into the waiting room and sat down next to Derek. This couldn't be happening.