Thirty ; part two

The S.W.A.T broke open the door to the house that same night. Spencer was right behind them and Jennifer behind him. The rest of the team were finding different ways into the home to hopefully trap her wherever she may be. Emily and Derek found a way in through the kitchen while Jennifer and Spencer went up the stairs. Jennifer pointed to one side of the upstairs and Spencer nodded. Jennifer cleared the left half of the upstairs while Emily and Derek cleared the first level. Hotch and Rossi made their way to the basement to clear that, and they did.

Spencer walked through the right half of the upstairs and swallowed back harshly when he got to the last door, the master bedroom. He checked the doorknob to make sure it was unlocked. He slowly turned it and opened the door. In the middle of the room stood Violet and Mavis. She was holding Mavis up by the back of her shirt and had a gun pressed against her stomach. "I knew you'd find me." Violet spoke with a smile.

"Master bedroom." Jennifer spoke softly into her wrist so the rest of the team could get there. Spencer stepped into the room, his gun still drawn. Violet pressed the gun into Mavis' side even more causing her to groan in pain.

"Don't get closer." Violet spoke. Spencer stopped a little ways from the open door. Jennifer and Hotch were standing in the doorway. Spencer kept his eyes on Mavis and she looked like she was dead. Her face was flush of color and her eyes were glazed over. She had been starved for a week, but she had been given water to keep her alive. She was weak to the point she could barely stand. Her eyes were open and looking at him. Her once bright blue eyes were dark and death like. Her breathing was shallow and there was no doubt in his mind that she had just recently been drugged. His gaze found the spoon and lighter and he felt his heart drop. She had been given the most addictive drug there was for a whole week. Her body was almost dependent on it now. "Look at me." Violet demanded.

Spencer slowly put his gun away and held his hands up in surrender as he looked at Violet. "Please, don't do this." Spencer spoke softly to her. Violet laughed and rolled her eyes.

"I learned some interesting things about you, Spencer." She started. "Mavis here told me all about you, of course I asked nicely first. She told me that you're obviously good at your job, but that you've stuck with her even when she tried to kill herself because she was pregnant and the baby wasn't even yours. She told me that you promised her that even if she kept it, you would stay with her and help her raise a kid that wasn't even yours. How heroic." Violet spoke with an eye roll.

"You're an FBI profiler. You profiled me months ago, and that profile changed quite a bit, hasn't it?" Violet spoke. Spencer nodded. "I thought so. I only visited your mother because I wanted to know more about you, Spencer. See, the thing is, unlike your little toy here, I love you, and I'm not afraid to tell you that. The more Mavis told me, the more I realized how perfect we are." She spoke. Spencer swallowed back harshly even as he took glances over at Mavis. "You profiled that I would kill her, didn't you? You're scared that if you say the wrong thing, I'm going to kill her. You're scared of losing her. I can see it written all over your face."

The entire team could hear what was happening in the room. Penelope even had ears on it and she was scared. Hotch quietly asked if one of the snipers had a shot and he answered back with a no. There was no clean shot where Mavis wouldn't get hurt by a sniper. The only people who could get a clear shot were the people in the room with her.

"You don't have to do this, Violet. Just let her go, and you and I can be happy together." Spencer spoke softly to her, taking a step forward. Violet quickly pressed the gun harder into Mavis' side causing her to wince. "We can run away somewhere, some place we'll never be bothered." Spencer spoke.

"Stop it!" Violet yelled. Penelope gasped on the line. Her hands were over her mouth and she kept listening. Derek and Emily were outside with the rest of the police and Swat. They were sitting on pins and needles hoping that Mavis would come out of this alive.

"Just stop it, Spencer. I know that's not going to work. The minute you get her back, you're going to lock me up in some federal prison for the rest of my life and you won't even think twice." Violet said as she looked at him. "The thing is, Mavis told me something else about you, and I need to know if you feel the same." She spoke. "Do you love her?"

A small lump formed in his throat as he looked over at Mavis. Her eyes had closed and her head had fallen to the side since it was heavy on her shoulders. "Don't lie to me, either." She spoke harshly. Spencer nodded and kept his eyes on Mavis.

"I do...I love her so much. She means more to me than anyone I've ever known. I don't think I've ever loved anyone more than I've loved her. She's my world, my rock. Everything that she's gone through only made her stronger, made us stronger. I still get butterflies in my stomach when she smiles or even when she looks at me. She's different than I am, but I think that only makes us work even more. When I met her and she was covered in blood, I still thought she was the most beautiful woman I had ever met. She was gorgeous even with bruises all over her body. She's even gorgeous now. I love everything about her even down to the tiniest freckle she has on her face. I love the way her eyes light up when she sees a dog whenever we go to the park for a walk. I love the way she smiles whenever she's complimented. I love the way she likes to think she's completely independent. I love how she sticks up for herself no matter what the situation is. I love the way she looks at me and the way she makes me feel. I love her, and I don't know if I could say anything different about her. I've loved her almost since day one and I haven't had the guts to say it yet." Spencer spoke out. Mavis, as limp as she was, looked calm about the whole situation. She had been in an almost similar situation before, but she seemed calm. She didn't seem afraid that she was going to die. She had accepted the fact that she was. She wasn't afraid of death, she accepted it. She accepted that she was going to die someway or another. She seemed at peace with that fact that she might die in this house with the love of her life standing in the doorway begging for her to be set free.

Spencer's little speech had everyone tearing up. Penelope was crying over it. "I thought so..." Violet spoke softly to Spencer. "Too bad I don't care." She spoke to him with a shrug. Everyone's hearts stopped and their eyes closed when they heard the gunshot.

Bang ...