Twelve

"Spence!" She giggled as she grabbed the edge of the comforter that was resting midway on her stomach. She lifted it up, tossing it over Spencer's head, and he looked up at her with an innocent gaze. "What are you doing down there?" She giggled softly. She saw him shrug and he started to pepper light kisses against her hip bones once more. She had small fresh cuts lining her hips on both sides. It was killing him to know that she was harming herself over something she had no control over.

Her body, to him, was like a porcelain doll; delicate to the touch, breakable at any moment. He hated seeing her so weak and vulnerable. He wanted to snap his fingers and make all of her pain go away, but he knew logically that's not how things worked. His phone started to ring and he moved his hands so they were on either side of Mavis' sides. He pulled himself up and grabbed his phone from the night table next to Mavis. He rolled over next to her, pushing his hair from his face as he answered his phone. She moved on her side, propping herself up on her elbow, and resting her head on her fist. She moved her other hand so she could run her fingers through his hair.

"What's up?" He spoke into his phone, appropriately using his caller ID this time.

"We need you to come in. We have a case." Hotch spoke into the phone. Spencer nodded and said he would be there as soon as he could. He hung up and placed his phone back on the night table. She watched him as he climbed out of bed and quickly hopped in the shower. She grabbed her phone that was right next to his and started to mindlessly mess around on the social media apps she had strayed away from for so long. She had multiple notifications on every site from her concerned "friends" who had noticed her absence or had watched the news this past month.

Spencer got out of the shower and quickly threw on some clothes. He walked over to her, and she sat up in his bed. She reached up and fixed the collar of his shirt over his red cardigan. She smiled and placed her hand on his chest. "Sexy as ever." She teased him. He hummed out a small laugh before leaning down to gently kiss her lips. She kissed him back for the short lived kiss before he pulled away.

"I'll see you later." He spoke to her. She nodded and he was off. She was left alone in his large bed by herself with nothing to do until later that night when she had to work. She slowly climbed out of the bed, the shirt she was wearing falling down her stomach to cover it completely. She walked into the kitchen and looked around it for the coffee maker he liked to hide away. She found it in the corner between the end of the countertop and the side of the refrigerator. She made her way to the counter and reached up to grab a new coffee filter from the cupboard above her. She looked down and opened the top of the coffee maker and to her surprise there wasn't a dirty coffee filter in it. She placed the new coffee filter in the lid and pulled down the coffee grinds. She put a few heaping spoon full's in there before closing the lid. She put the coffee grinds back in the cupboard. She grabbed a cup of water and poured the water into the maker, humming as she did this. Finally she plugged it in and turned it on. The sweet smell of coffee soon filled the apartment.

She stepped into the living room and was going through the mass amount of books he had, reading every title she could see. She had to giggle when she noticed that they were all in alphabetical order. His small quirks were something she loved about him. She moved her hand down and hiked up her shirt. She placed her hand on her hip and was tracing the small lines on her skin. She let out a quiet sigh because that was one thing she never wanted Spencer to know about her. Her phone started to ring from the bedroom and she quickly ran to it. She looked at the caller ID and smiled. She slide her thumb across the screen to pick up the call.

"Hey you." She spoke into the phone as she started to make her way back into the kitchen.

Spencer looked around him and Morgan and Garcia were around him. "Hey Mavis. We're headed to Arizona so I won't be home." He spoke into the phone. Morgan looked over at him with a smirk. He wrapped his arm around Spencer's shoulders and brought him close to him.

"For how long?" She spoke into the phone as she started to fix her coffee the way she liked it. She put the pot back down on the burner and grabbed the mug. She headed to the living room and sat down on the couch.

"Only for a few days. I'll see you when I get back." He spoke to her. She smiled softly and took a sip of the hot coffee.

"Be safe please." She spoke into the phone as she rested the mug on her knee. He mumbled an I will before she hung up. She put her phone down on the couch and let out a small sigh. She was alone again. Bad things always happened when she was alone.