Sixteen

They walked into the BAU branch of the FBI. They stepped over to Spencer's desk and he set his bag down next to his desk. Mavis looked over at him as nervous as all hell. She had never been here before when they were leaving. Spencer couldn't leave her alone. He brought her everywhere he went. He had taken a few days off to help Mavis set up the endless amount of doctors appointments she needed. The whole team knew and sent their condolences. Penelope even sent a fruit basket because Mavis was kind of craving pineapple.

He pulled out his chair and Mavis slowly sat down in it. She pulled the sleeves of one of Spencer's sweaters over her hands and kicked one foot in the chair. She started to spin herself around as Spencer walked away to go talk to Hotch and Rossi in person about Mavis. Emily Prentiss walked into the room and soon laid eyes on Mavis. She was taken back by the sheer beauty of the BAU director. Mavis found a lump in her throat from how gorgeous she really was. Spencer always talked so highly of her and she could tell he was good friends with the director.

Emily stopped and looked over at Mavis. Mavis stopped spinning in the desk chair as she watched the director walk over to her. "You must be Mavis." She spoke sweetly as she knelt down in front of her. "I'm Emily." She spoke with a smile. Her voice was so sweet and calming. Her smile was warm and inviting and Mavis couldn't help but to feel threatened by her, but only because she was actually gorgeous.

"I know..." she spoke softly. She adjusted the sleeves over her hands so her hands were even further back from the sleeves hem. "Thank you for letting Spence take so much time off because of me..." Mavis spoke quietly, keeping eye contact with the gorgeous woman in front of her. Mavis hadn't felt like herself lately. She hated everything and everyone. Spencer was even getting on her nerves because he wouldn't let her out of his sight. She wanted to die every waking moment. She had gone into overdrive with self harming herself because she couldn't just end it all, not with Spencer looming over her. She had cuts all down her thighs and all over her arms. She was thankful that it was getting colder outside so she could wear long sleeves and pants without being questioned too extensively.

"It's not a problem, sweetheart." Emily spoke sweetly. Mavis weakly smiled and Emily stood up, placing her hand on Mavis' knee. "If there's anything you need at all, call me." She spoke before she walked off. Mavis nodded before following where Emily was going with her eyes. She walked into a room with Spencer, Hotchner, and Rossi. Mavis sighed and started to slowly sway herself in the chair by keeping her toe on the floor and slightly moving the chair.

It was about an hour later and the team had been briefed on a new case. Mavis was sitting on Spencer's desk and he was in his chair. He was showing her his card tricks which was making her giggle. It was a sound Spencer hadn't heard in so long. He hadn't seen her smile in a while either. He missed it. He missed seeing her at least fake being happy. He wanted that back. He wanted her back. She was even more damaged than before. She was pregnant with the mans baby that tried to kill her. She wasn't going to keep it. She couldn't. She wasn't ready to be a single mom. She wasn't ready for a family. She wasn't even twenty one yet.

Penelope and Derek were watching Spencer and Mavis from the balcony by the briefing room. Spencer pulled a coin from behind Mavis' ear which, as childish as it was, gave her some joy. It warmed Mavis' heart that he was putting in so much effort to make sure she was okay. He was helping out as much as he could even if it did suffocate her at times. "Take care of her baby girl.." Derek spoke to Penelope as they watched Spencer do another stupid card trick.

"I will. I feel so bad for her." Penelope spoke out saddened. She wanted to be there for Mavis through everything but she knew she needed her space to figure everything out.

"We all do, but this is something she has to do on her own." Derek spoke. Penelope shook her head.

"She doesn't have to do it completely alone!" Penelope spoke as she looked at Derek. She sighed and looked back at Mavis. Her face pigment was back to its original pale color. She had bags under her eyes because she was having a hard time sleeping once again. She was wearing tight black skinny jeans with holes in the knees and Spencer's dark grey sweater that was too small for him. She got her hair cut once again so it was shorter in the back and longer in the front.

"I know. She has you and Reid." Derek spoke to Penelope. He wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close to him. She nuzzled his side and kept her gaze on Mavis. It wasn't long until they had to leave. Penelope followed Derek to the elevator. Spencer grabbed his go bag and slung it around his body. He started to leave, but Mavis grabbed his hand and followed him to the elevator too.

"Spence..." Mavis mumbled tugging on his hand to pull him back to her. He turned around and looked down at Mavis slightly confused. She pulled him completely against her and she gripped to his sweater vest before placing her lips against his. He slowly kissed her back, his hands on her waist. It was a short lived kiss before Mavis pulled away. She looked down at his sweater vest as she smoothened the crinkles out with her hands. "Be safe, please..." she spoke to him, looking up at him. He nodded and leaned down to press a lingering kiss to her head.

"You too." He spoke softly into her hair. She smiled weakly as he walked into the elevator with the rest of his team. She knew she'd have to end it all while he was away. She couldn't do it with him so close to home. It was right.