Ten

She stepped out of his room with wet hair and his tee shirt on. She had woken up from an almost peaceful nights rest. Being consumed in Spencer's arms was comforting to her. She didn't want to leave his embrace when she was trying to sleep. He was almost like her nightmares bogeyman, he scared them away.

She didn't even notice him sitting in the living room reading a book, he was so quiet. She stepped into the kitchen and decided to make herself a cup of tea today instead of coffee. She hummed softly to herself as she filled the kettle up with luke warm water. She placed it on the stove and turned on the burner to start boiling the water. She walked over to the cupboard and Spencer couldn't help but to sneak a look over at her. Her shirt was raised well above her butt. He smirked softly to himself and went back to his book.

"Do we have any more chamomile?" She asked after she felt his gaze on her. She pulled down a mug and set it down on the counter, but she was still sifting through the teas to try and find chamomile.

"I don't think so. You might have drank it all." He spoke not tearing his eyes away from the book since he knew he had been caught. Mavis looked much better now, even though it's only been a few days since he visited her at work. The bags under her eyes were gone and the dark purple circles had disappeared too. She was going to the gym regularly again and she was happy and healthy. Her life was moving on.

"Fuck..." she mumbled under her breath from his comment. She pulled out the green tea package and opened it up. She slipped out a tea bag, making sure it was still good. She shrugged and put the small bag of leaves inside the cup. She rummaged around the pantry for her sweetener of choice which was honey, at least for green tea. She walked to the fridge and grabbed the half of the lemon.

Spencer was caught off guard reading when his phone started to ring. Mavis slowly walked to the living room entry way, leaning against the molding. "Reid here." Spencer spoke into the phone like he didn't have caller ID. He closed the book and slowly put it on the self it came from as Garcia talked on the other line.

"Hey boy wonder. Sorry to bother you on your time off, but we could really use your help on this case." She spoke into the phone as she twisted a ring on her finger. The team was stuck in the case and they couldn't progress without a lead. They were all hoping Spencer would jump in and save the day.

"Garcia, you know I-" he started but was soon cut off.

"You know I wouldn't ask unless it was important." Garcia explained. Spencer looked up at Mavis with a disheartened expression on his face. She breathily laughed and nodded. She mouthed the word go.

"I'll be there in a few." He spoke into the phone before hanging up. "I'm so sorry, Mavis." He spoke as he got up from the chair. He walked over to her and placed his hands on her shoulders. She moved her hands to his arms and smiled a sincere smile.

"I'll be okay. They need your help more than I do." She spoke to him. He leaned forward and gently kissed the middle of her forehead. He whispered a small thank you before he grabbed his bag and was off.

She let out a small squeal when the tea kettle started to scream. She sighed and walked back into the kitchen and turned the heat off of the kettle. She slowly poured the water over the bag making sure not to bruise the leaves. She fixed her tea how she liked it and walked into the living room. She sat down on the couch and let out a long breath.

She had tried to talk to Spencer about letting her move out, but he fought with her tooth and nail about making her stay. She didn't want to be a burden on him, but he insisted that she was no burden.

When he came home later that day, Mavis was nowhere to be seen. He looked down at his watch that was so perfectly placed on his wrist and furrowed his brow. She didn't work that night, and she never goes out this late except when she works. He walked around the house, his brow still furrowed trying to find any sign of where she would have gone.

He got to the kitchen when he noticed a small note on his fridge: Gone back to my place to stay there for awhile. I hope you understand -Mavis.

He sighed and pulled the note from the door. He pulled his phone out from his pocket and dialed her number in quickly. He was sent to voicemail the first time. He tried one more time and it actually rang this time. She usually had her phone on do not disturb which sent the first call to voicemail. She really never had anyone try to talk to her beside Spencer, Penelope, or a coworker that wanted to switch shifts.

"Hey Spence. What's up?" She spoke into the phone. She sounded like she was out of breath, but she really only worked out in the mornings. This was curious to him.

"You didn't have to go back to your place..." he spoke into the phone as he started to walk back to his room. "You could have stayed here." He spoke once more. She let out a breathy giggle and she had a bright smile on her face as she looked up at the guy she was with.

"I know, but I needed some time to myself. You understand, don't you?" She spoke as best as she could. She was really out of breath from her recent activities.

"I guess so." He spoke curiously into the phone. "Be safe." He spoke before hanging up the phone. He pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a small sigh. It was none of his business what she was doing. He just wanted to make sure she would be okay. He was hoping she would be okay with whoever she was with that night. He didn't sleep at all that night. His mind kept wandering away from him to what she was doing.

She was out of breath and he could hear small squeaks in the background coming from her bed. He ran his hands over his face and shook his head. "It's none of my business." He groaned. He grabbed a pillow and shoved it over his face. He was getting attached to Mavis and he didn't know how to handle it. He only ever had one stable girlfriend in his life and that ended quickly and without say on his end. Maybe her going back to her place for a few days was good for the both of them. Maybe he was wrong, maybe she should move back to her place.

She rolled over in her bed and looked at a random stranger. She sighed and climbed out of her bed. She threw on the shirt of Spencer's she had grabbed just so she had a small reminder of him no matter where she moved off to. She walked into her kitchen and started to rummage around her refrigerator to try and find something that wasn't spoiled. It was no use. She closed the door and rested her forehead on the white door to the small freezer. She felt terrible for leaving him the way she did. She should have at least given him a heads up, but it was too heartbreaking. He didn't understand, he never will.