Twenty Nine

She woke up from her drug induced daze and looked around the room to see her sitting right in front of her. She looked down to the right of her and the rubber tube was still around her arm. The needle was on the ground next to her and so was the spoon and lighter. She sighed and rested her head back against the bed. She rolled her eyes behind her eyelids since her eyelids were still heavy. She hasn't gotten much sleep since she was taken again, but she has been given better care.

"Do you need water?" Violet asked as she sat in front of Mavis. She weakly shook her head against the bed. She coughed weakly from how dry her throat was. "Here. Drink it..." She spoke to her. Mavis slowly rose her hand to reject the water. "I don't want to hurt you." She spoke. Mavis slowly lifted her head from the bed and looked at Violet.

"Then why are you doing this?" She whispered weakly to her. She reached out and Violet put the water glass in her hand. Mavis slowly brought the glass to her lips and took the tiniest sip to coat her throat with the room temperature liquid.

"To get to Spencer." She spoke to Mavis. Mavis rose an eyebrow as she set the glass down on the floor. "Tell me about him, please!" Violet spoke with a small pout. Mavis coughed once more before she nodded.

"I'm sure you already know he's a super genius..." she spoke out in a raspy tone. Violet nodded quickly as she got more excited to know about Spencer. She leaned forward and grabbed the water glass from the carpet. She pressed the glass against Mavis' lips so she could drink some more water so her voice didn't sound so hoarse. Mavis mumbled a thanks and Violet sat back, the water glass next to her. Mavis smiled softly as she thought about all of the good qualities Spencer possessed. "He's great with kids...he's the god father to Jennifer's baby boy Henry. Cute kid." She spoke softly. Her head started to fall back since it felt like a billion tons on her shoulders. She picked her head back up but immediately got dizzy.

"He's...he's a kind soul. When he's passionate about something, there's no changing his mind. He will care for you and love you no matter what happens to you. He will stay by your side through thick and thin, through the toughest times, he'll be there. He rambles when he's nervous and when he's terrified is when he shuts up. He reads, all the time. Most of the books in his house are in a different language. He'll love you no matter what you look like, or the scars on your body. He'll love them all. He'll make sure he shows you how much he cares for you in the smallest of ways. He won't actually say anything, but you know he does just by the way he gently caresses your cheek or by the way he kisses you. You can feel every ounce of love and passion coursing through his veins when he kisses you. His touch is gentle and sweet; and whenever you look into his soulful hazel eyes, it feels like you're the only people on the earth. He makes all your pain go away. He makes you feel like you're safe when you're with him, when he's holding you against his body and the only thing you can hear is his heart beating and his slow and steady breathing. He's the most gentle, kind hearted, passionate man I have ever met, and I...I love him." Mavis spoke with a weak smile on her face the entire time she was talking. Her voice only got more hoarse as she went on. She could barely talk by the end of it so the last three words were mostly muttered only to herself. It was the first time she had said that aloud to another person. All she had to do was admit it to Spencer, if she made this out alive.

"You love him?" Violet questioned as she sat in front of her. Mavis nodded, her head falling back against the bed. She muttered out the words 'so much' as her eyes fell shut. Violet picked up the spoon and put a little more of the white powder in it. She lit the lighter and put it under the sterling silver spoon that was turning brown from the heroin. She grabbed the needle and moved the liquid into the syringe. She smacked Mavis' arm until the vein popped in it. Mavis kept muttering out no and please don't as she slipped the needle into her skin. She moved the top up, the heroin and blood mixing together for only a short second before she pushed the top down and the heroin shot through her veins.

Her eyes shot open and she took in a sharp breath before her body completely relaxed against the bed and the floor. Her eyes closed once again and she passed out. Violet got up and walked to the door. She looked behind her and sighed. She closed the door as she stepped out and rested her back against the door. She ran her hands over her face and let out a loud groan. "She loves him!" She spoke, quickly punching the wall. She knew it was only a matter of time before Spencer came for his little play toy.