Eleven; part two

He opened the door to his apartment that night and Mavis slowly grabbed his hand. He laced their fingers together as he stepped inside. She followed slowly behind him, a small satisfied smile on her face. She closed the door behind her with her foot, looking around his apartment to see if anything changed; nothing had.

She let go of his hand and slipped in front of him, stopping him in his tracks. He smiled softly as he looked down at her. She was only a few inches shorter than he was, but it was still a major difference. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kept her gaze on his. She looked up into his hazel eyes and she could tell even now he was nervous with her around.

His arms still laid at his sides not really knowing what to do with them. She took a step closer to him so their bodies were almost pressed together. "So now what do we do, Doctor?" She spoke, her words rolling off of her tongue seductively. He kept his gaze on her piercing blue eyes and he lost himself in them. He shrugged slightly and slowly ran his tongue along his dry lips. She giggled softly and pulled away from him.

"How about some music?" She suggested casually as she took her arms from around his neck. She walked over to his record player he had sitting in the corner of his living room, making sure she swayed her hips as she moved. She started to file through the vinyls he collected and hummed softly to herself. "Sinatra." She spoke as she pulled one of her favorite Frank Sinatra vinyls from the shelf. She pulled out the black LP and placed it carefully on the player. She took the needle and gently placed it on the LP. She waited for the music to start before turning to Spencer with a seductive smile.

He stood there watching her movements as she played the record. He was nervous about tonight when he asked her out for dinner. He really wanted to see her. It had been a week since she moved back to her place and he hadn't spoken to her since. He figured she had moved on in her life and she was getting over everything that happened, at least that's what it looked like on the outside. The ligature marks were almost gone from around her wrists and her ankles. She only had a few more bruises scattered along her legs. Things were looking up for her, and he was happy for her.

She stepped up to Spencer and held one hand out for his. He slowly placed his hand in hers and she grabbed his other hand and slowly placed it on her hip. She winced slightly at the pressure that was being applied on it. He swallowed back hard at her actions. She rested her hand on his shoulder and they started to sway. "Lighten up, baby..." she spoke softly to him as she looked at him. He nodded slightly.

"I'll try.." he mumbled. She laughed and shook her head.

"Why are you so nervous tonight? I've never seen you like this, except the day we met." She whispered to him. He kept diverting his gaze away from her. He couldn't look her in the eye or he knew he would probably break.

"I...I want you to move back in." He spoke. "I miss you, Mavis." He whispered quietly. It felt like a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders just by saying he missed her, even if he just mumbled it. She smiled, leaned up, and pressed a soft lingering kiss to his cheek.

"I miss you too, Spence." She whispered against his skin. She pulled away from him slightly and kept on her toes so she could look him directly in the eyes. Their noses were centimeters away from each other. Spencer's heart was beating out of his chest and he could have sworn Mavis could hear it. She slowly ran her tongue along her lips, letting her eyelids flutter closed.

Spencer panicked and took his hand from her waist, backing up just so he could spin her around. She let out a quiet giggle as she spun, and he brought her back to him. She placed her hand on his arm once more and she felt his arm wrap around her waist. She let go of his other hand and slowly wrapped her arms around his neck. She rested her head against his chest as he wrapped his other arm around her waist, bringing her body closer to his. She could feel his rapid heart beat, and for some reason it was actually calming her down knowing he was scared too. They stayed like that, silently swaying as they listened to the record.

"I'll move back in..." she whispered against his chest. He rested his chin against her head and smiled. That was the best news he had gotten all day. They swayed to the music, cozy smile's on their face. Mavis took one step closer so her body was almost fully against his. He enjoyed holding her in his arms and he missed having her in his arms when they were asleep. He missed her comforting presence.

She moved her body so her hands were resting on the back of his neck and her arms were slightly outstretched. She looked up at him and his gaze met hers. She smiled warmly. "Are you afraid?" She whispered to him, slowly moving in.

"Yes..." he whispered, diverting his gaze away from her. He felt her nose brush against his and his eyes instinctively closed. He couldn't see what happened next and neither could she. He felt the tip of her nose come down right next to the start of the bridge of his nose. He felt her breath against his lips. He swallowed back harshly preparing himself for this. His arms got tighter around her waist as her lips carefully placed themselves against his. He delicately kissed her back and she moved so her body was completely pressed against his.

She could feel the amount of passion that was flowing between them. She had dreamt about this single moment since she had first laid eyes on the FBI agent. Her fingers soon felt the strands of his hair and tangled themselves in the soft locks. She slowly pulled away from him and opened her eyes to look at him. His eyes fluttered open, and his pupils were still dilated. "Are you still afraid?" She whispered to him. He shook his head and whispered a soft no before he crashed his lips back against hers. Their lips started to move together in sync, and Mavis could feel her heart fluttering by the way he was making her feel. She hadn't felt this way in a long time, and she enjoyed it. She enjoyed how being around Spencer made her feel. Even if they were sitting opposite sides of the room, she enjoyed just his presence. She made him feel safe.

She moved her hands down to his chest and pushed herself away from him. She moved her hand up and wiped off the small bit of spit that had collected on her lips. Spencer looked at her and wiped at his lips as well. "I'm so sorry.." he whispered to her. She shook her head and ran her fingers through her short black hair, pushing the hair away from her face. She wanted to look up at him, but for the life of her she couldn't get herself to do it.

"Don't be...I just, get carried away." She breathily laughed as she looked down at the dark wood flooring. Her cheeks were a dark shade of red and she had a smile of disbelief playing on her lips.

"Promise?" He questioned her. She nodded and looked up at him. She held out her hands for his and he slowly placed his much larger hands in hers.

"I promise." She spoke quietly. Spencer smiled and brought her back to his body. She laughed and wrapped her arms back around his neck. She rested her head on his chest and started to listen to his much calmer heartbeat. He wrapped his arms around her waist, and they swayed together once more to the sounds of Frank Sinatra.