Chapter One

chapter one

Eva opened her eyes, and turned to face her ex-boyfriend, Jonas. Her first thought was, my fucking head hurts. Her second thought was, what the hell did I do last night?

She looked down, under the thick white blanket that covered her. Yup, naked. Smacking a hand to her forehead, she glanced at Jonas once again, to make sure he was still asleep.

Slowly getting out of bed, she looked around for her clothes. It did not take her long to locate the trail of clothing leading from the door to the bedroom. She was missing a sock, but she didn't bother looking for it – she just wanted to leave.

Before she knew it, Eva was standing in front of a house – and it wasn't her own. She knew she had made a terrible mistake, and she hoped it wasn't too late for her to fix it.

In the months that Eva had been with Chris, she came to realize that she didn't love Jonas. She never loved him, it was a horrible relationship – she only wished she had realized it sooner.

Knocking on the door, she crossed her fingers, praying he was home.

"Who is i—oh! Eva, hi." Eva smiled warmly down at the girl.

"Hey, Nina. Is your brother here?" The eleven year old shook her head.

"No. He didn't come home last night; I figured he was with you." Eva's smile slipped off her face.

"Oh. Okay. I'm sure he slept at William's, or something."

Nina shrugged, closing the door on Eva.

Then the memories came flooding back.

Chris kissing Emma, Eva kissing Jonas, Jonas and Eva leaving the party early to go back to his place.

Eva quickly grabbed her phone out of her purse and called Noora.

"Pick up. Pick up. Come on, pick up."

"He—William, stop that tickles! Hello?" Noora's giggle made Eva smile.

"Hey. I was wondering if we could meet. I need to talk to you. It's important."

There was a pause, and then some whispering.

"If you have plans or something—"

"No! It's fine. Could you come to William's?"

"Um ... I guess."

"Okay! Great, I'll see you soon."

"See yo—" But the line has already gone dead.

***

About an hour later, Eva was knocking on the door to William's house. She had only been here for a couple parties, but that was a while ago, and she almost forgot where he lived.

Noora answered the door, her beautiful smile on her face, which hadn't been rare for the last few weeks – since William came back.

"Hi, hi!" Noora exclaimed, pulling Eva into a hug.

"Hello." Eva responded, returning her hug.

"Have you eaten today? William insisted on cooking me breakfast, and don't tell him I said this, but it's pretty good." Eva laughed, noticing William coming out of the kitchen.

"I heard that." He let out, hugging Noora from behind, who only laughed and turned to kiss him. Eva resisted the urge to roll her eyes, although she was incredibly happy for Noora. She was a little annoyed with all the displays of affection Noora and William had been showing lately.

"No offense, William, but I was wondering if I could talk to Noora for a little bit ... alone?"

William shrugged, pulling his phone out of his pocket.

"That's okay, I have to go meet Chris anyway."

"Chris?"

"Yeah ... my best friend?"

"Oh." Eva wanted to smack herself, obviously he meant Chris. "Tell him I said hi." Noora said, giving William another kiss before letting him go. "I will, love you."

"Love you, too." Noora responded, as he closed the front door.

"So, what's up?"

"I slept with Jonas." Eva blurted out, before she could stop herself.

You ... what? I thought you were with Chris!?"

"No!" Eva nearly screamed, "You didn't see him at the party last night?"

"No, I was too busy looking at you and Jonas making out on the dance floor."

Eva blushed, looking down at the floor.

"Let's go into the kitchen. I'll make you some tea and you can tell me all about it.