Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter 26

Eva woke up early in the morning, and rolled over to look at the clock.

9:46 AM. Why the hell am I up? She asked herself, and then glanced at Chris.

He looked so peaceful when he slept, and she loved watching him sleep – in a not creepy way.

                "You're staring." He mumbled, not opening his eyes.

Eva scoffed, "I am not."

Chris blinked open his eyes, a smug smirk overtaking his face. "Yes, you are."

                "Shut up." That was all that Eva could think to respond, since she felt slightly embarrassed.

                "Never." He shot back, sitting up to give Eva a kiss.

                "What time are we going to William's?" Eva asked, laying back down in bed.

Chris shrugged, grabbing his phone off his nightstand. "Probably around 4ish. I can sneak you out, if you wanna avoid the awkward morning chat with my mom."

Eva laughed, and then shook her head. "No, I'm okay. I can deal with your mom – I promise. What are you going to tell Nina when she comes home?"

                "Honestly, I was kind of hoping that my mom would be gone before Nina gets here." Chris admitted, texting on his phone.

                "Are you texting her now?"

                "No, I'm texting William to try to finalize some plans for tonight. He's probably still sleeping, though."

                "Or having sex." Eva said, with a laugh.

                "Well lucky him." Chris responded, sarcastically.

                "Chris, I'm not fucking you with your mom under the same roof." Eva laughed, and threw a pillow at Chris. "Now, come on. I'm hungry."

Chris and Eva walked down the stairs to an empty living room and kitchen.

                "Huh. Maybe she really did leave?" Eva questioned, as Chris opened the refrigerator.

                "Hopefully."

Eva rolled her eyes, and watched as Chris started getting bowls out of the cabinet. "What're you making?"

                "Pancakes, what else?"

                "Oh! Good morning, guys. I was gonna make breakfast."

Chris and Eva's heads both snapped up, as Chris' mother came bouncing down the stairs in nothing but a short robe.

                "How 'bout you go put some clothes on, instead?" Chris mumbled, as he poured the pancake mix into a bowl.

                "So, you guys sleep well? I was surprised I didn't hear any noise." Lisa laughed, causing Eva to blush.

                "What kind of noise? You mean the noise that Nina and I had to hear for years, while you fucked random guys?" Chris spit out, throwing the box of pancake mix down on the counter. "Come on, Eva. I lost my appetite."

Chris grabbed Eva's hand, and practically dragged her out of the house, ignoring his mom calling his name.

***

A/N: OKAY HELLO THIS IS UPDATE ONE OF TWO TODAY SINCE I DIDN'T UPDATE YESTERDAY BUT THEY'RE BOTH SHORT CHAPTERS IM SORRRYYYYYYYY.