Chapter Eighteen

Chapter 18

Eva stared at her phone, praying for a cancellation text from Jonas.

It was 11:03 AM, and Eva had been up since 9:10 AM, praying that Jonas would cancel on her.

But, alas, he did not.

"Hey!" Jonas exclaimed, making Eva jump. She put her phone in her purse, and turned to face him.

"Hi." She greeted, softly.

"What's up?"

"N—"

"Why did you leave the house before I woke up, and then ignore my texts for a week straight?"

We're just jumping right into this, aren't we? Eva thought to herself, at a loss for words.

"I—I don't know."

"You don't know?"

Eva took a deep breath, looking at the trees behind Jonas. She couldn't look him in the eyes as she said what she needed to say, she just couldn't.

"Look. You were my first love, and all – and it was nice while it lasted, but it ended. It's over. We're over. What happened the other day was a complete and total mistake. I only kissed you because ... well, quite frankly, because you were there. I saw Chris talking to Emma, and I got jealous. It was wrong of me, and I'm sorry."

"Because I was there? It had nothing to do with the fact that you're still in love with me?" Jonas raised his voice, and Eva had to stop herself from laughing.

Still in love with him? Is he crazy? Eva thought this, but didn't say it aloud.

"I'm not in love with you! Are you fucking crazy?" She didn't say it just how she thought it, anyway. "I don't care about you. I'm sorr—"

Jonas cut her off by pressing his lips onto hers, and it took her no time to respond – by smacking him across the face.

"WHAT THE FUCK? WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT? ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID? I'M WITH CHRIS." Eva screamed, making people walking in the park stop to stare at them.

"You're what?" Jonas asked, moving back to his respectful seat on the bench.

Eva took a deep breath, and looked at the ground. She hadn't wanted it to come out like that.

"Chris and I ... we're together. We made it official. I just wanted to tell you, because I felt like you should hear it from me and not Instagram or some stranger or something."

"Why the fuck are you with him?"

"Because he makes me happy. Something you never did. He doesn't make me feel stupid, or doubt every little thing that I do. He thinks I'm smart. I am smart. I told you when we broke up that I needed to find myself. And now I think I finally have. I'm ready to get into another relationship, but not with you. With Chris."

Now it was Jonas' turn to be lost for words.

"I made you feel stupid?" Jonas took his time responding, and when he did, Eva almost laughed. Again.

"You made me feel stupid about everything, Jonas. Our relationship was a high school relationship, what Chris and I have is ... is something more."

"But he's the biggest fuckboy in Norway, Eva. He's going to cheat on you."

"How many girls have you cheated on Jonas? How many? Do you even know? If he's a fuckboy, you're a fuckboy."

"Excuse me?"

"Did I stutter?"

Jonas looked at Eva, and this time Eva didn't look away. She was sick and tired of always feeling like she was less then him, of constantly being afraid of making him angry. It was time that she finally stood up for herself – this time, without the break up sex.

"Did I ... did I really hurt your feelings?" He asked, quietly.

"You didn't hurt my feelings – you just made me constantly feel like a shitty fucking person, Jonas. But you know who doesn't? Chris. And I'm sorry if you can't accept that – but that's just the way that it is."

And with that being said, Eva got up and walked away – ignoring his calls to come back.

She was Eva Mohn, and she was done taking people's shit.

***

A/N: THIS IS SO MUCH SHORTER THAN I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE?????? but i hope you guys like it! the next chapter is either going to be chriseva noorhelm AND yousanaaaa (their date!!!!!!!!) or it's just gonna be a filler chapter of mohnstad (: HEY GUYS LOOK IM NOT POSTING AT 2 AM FOR ONCE! WIG!!!! 

love you muffins.