Chapter Twenty-Seven

Chapter 27

Chris got in his car, and smacked the steering wheel with both of his hands.

                "Chris! Calm down, baby." He heard Eva saying, but he could barely hear her. He was seeing red.

He had anger issues, although nobody knew that, not even Eva. And right now, he was seeing red.

A few seconds passed, of him breathing heavily and staring at his house – then he felt an arm on his shoulder.

                "It's okay." Eva whispered, kissing his cheek.

                "I'm sorry; she just makes me so mad. Like I can't spend the night with a girl, without fucking her? Who the fuck does she think she raised me to be?"

Eva sighed, shaking her head. "I'm sorry, Chris. You can come stay with me, till she leaves, if you want."

                "No. I would never leave Nina here, alone, with her." Eva nodded, understanding what Chris meant. "We'll go pick her up," Chris continued, putting the keys into the ignition. "And then we'll go get you some breakfast.

                "How about we just go back to my house? I think we're all out of pancake mix, but I can make you guys some eggs. But, we are going to have to come back here at some point – before we go to William's."

Chris sighed, knowing that his girlfriend was right. "Fine. Hopefully she's gone and I won't even have to tell Nina that she was here."

***

Chris pulled into Ninas friend's house, after she sent him her address – so that he could pick her up.

                "Are you really not even going to tell her that your moms here?" Eva asked, quietly.

                "Nope. Not unless we go back home and she's still there – but I have hope that she'll be gone. She had better be gone."

Eva nodded, and didn't say anything else.

It didn't take Nina long to come out of the house, and get into the car.

                "Hey, Eva. Why'd you guys come pick me up?"

                "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Eva yelled, reaching to give her an awkward hug.

                "Thank you!"

                "Happy birthday!" Chris said, but didn't try to give her a hug. Instead he opted for a high five.

                "Thanks, big bro. Now back to my original question, why did you guys come pick me up? I could've just walked home."

                "Because it's your birthday, and we wanted to spend time with you."

                "Uh-huh. Sure."

***

A/N: I'M SORRY THAT THIS IS SO SHORT LMAO THESE ARE ALL LOWKEY FILLER CHAPTERS TILL WE GET TO HER BIRTHDAY PARTY