After (Prologue)

Please Comment. I'd Love to hear your opinion on my story. I've only just started this so I'll keep posting the resting of the story...slowly. And Vote too!  

Thanks :]

Oh, by the way, i do realize that I had a slideshow of my characters (yes even though its not in the contest) but i'm taking it down, i've been doing some thinking and i'm going to change the characters up a bit. i've been going through some more people and i think i put up my choices a little too soon so yeah, i'll put up the slideshow when im positive about my character choices :] 

________________________________________________________________________________

He sped down the road, dodging cars that got in his way. We turned the corner, racing through the red light. 

"Jeremy! Stop!" 

I blacked out. 

* * * *

All I could see was white. White, white and white. That's it. 

Am I dead 

I closed my eyes tight. I saw those moments before I blacked out, flash through my mind like a storm. 

Jeremy. 

"JEREMY!" I screamed. 

My eyes shot open and I saw the white all over again. Now I was positive I wasn't dead. There definitely weren't walls in heaven. Or hell. 

A room. I was in a room with white walls. I was lying on something soft and cushioned. I pushed myself onto my elbows and looked around carefully. 

Dressed in a hospital robe and dazed, I forced myself up. Immediately, I heard a hundred high-pitched beeps going off like an alarm. I dropped back down quickly. The alarm stopped leaving an annoying ringing in my head. I attempted to shake it out, as if it was water. 

Before getting up, I took a closer look at my surroundings. I wasn't in a hospital so that was crossed off my list. I realized that I was actually situated on the soft, blinding white floor. 

This time I tried standing up but much more slow. There were no alarms. I sighed in relief. 

That's when I noticed the giant bruises up and down my body. At least what I could see that wasn't covered by the robe. They were a very dark shade of purple and some even blue. I felt like rocks were being pelted at me from all around. 

I took one step at a time to the closest wall. It seemed like there were a million tiny camera lenses making up the whole wall. I stuck my face right up close. I could see my reflection very faintly. 

Continuing a survey of the room, I found that there was no way out of here. Anger and fear built up inside of me and before I knew it I was punching the wall I had just been studying moments ago. I was punching and kicking as hard as I could but it made no difference. No crack in the wall, no rip in the cloth. Nothing. Nada. 

"That's it, take it all out. Just keep on fighting them. They won't hurt you then." 

I froze. I took my time turning around, curious but afraid. How could anyone get in here? I was sure there was no way. Maybe I hadn't looked carefully enough. I'd watch this person leave and make sure I know where the exit was. 

I came face to face with a woman in a skin tight, black bodysuit. Her face was covered in black as well, stuck on her face so that I could see the outline of her every feature. She looked like a Goth model with her curvaceous body. 

She wasn't real. That was one thing I could conclude from her appearance. She may be human. She may not. But she wasn't real. 

It was her hair that told me. She had flaming red hair that contrasted with her black outfit. Normally flaming red hair just meant dyed hair. But this woman literally had flaming red hair. There was a bright, burning fire atop her mask covered face. 

I didn't scream. But I was petrified. 

The woman gave me a sly grin that was visible through her black coverage. I tried to speak but it was like that little voice box of mine was gone. Broken. 

She held out a hand and I flinched. She noticed it and her smile grew bigger, flashing her teeth.  

"I won't hurt you, child. But they will. We don't like them." 

"Wh-who are you?" I stuttered. I don't know how she did it but just then her smile spread all the way across her face. She was like the Cheshire cat. 

And then she was gone. Poof. 

I shut my eyes as I forced myself to sit down. Everything went black. It messed with my mind these colors did. Black to white. White to black.