Memories Reveal

So I know it's been a while since i last wrote but i was having a writers block and i kind of just lost the mood to write. But now I'm better so I hope you like this :]

* * * *

Mason came in through the doors, a huge smile plastered on his face. I loved Mason. He had cropped, light brown hair, warm brown eyes and a never ending smile. He was pretty muscular but he was just such a nice guy that you probably thought I would have liked him. I did, as a friend. 

Mason worked at the Glasberger Institute and had been coming to see me for the past few months, as I was told. He was a great listener and helped me through things. If you asked me, I'd say he had a soft spot for me. He always brought me the best food when he came by, better than what Dr. Nikki gave me. She rarely came by though, nowadays. Not that I cared. Mason was a better companion. 

"Good morning, Ariella!" he said cheerfully. 

"Hi Mason." I smiled. He made me happy and this room suddenly felt like it was a rainbow rather than white. 

We sat down together in the middle of the cushioned floor. 

"How have you been?" 

"I had another dream." 

His expression just barely flinched, but now he was showing concern. "What was it about?" 

"I saw all of my friends again. They weren't being very nice to me. I was on a boat near the lakeshore and they were on shore." 

"What were they doing?" 

"They were pelting rocks at me and a lot of them hit my boat so I was sinking. And then the smaller ones hit me and I got bruises." I pouted. 

"What happened after that?" 

"I was almost drowning but then my new friends saved me and took me to the other shore where the others couldn't reach me. They told me that I'd always be safe with them and then they gave me a knife so that if I was bothered by my friends, I could use it on them. I told them I wouldn't need it but they told me to keep it just in case." I watched as Mason frowned in thought. 

"Did anything else happen after that?" 

"Nope." 

He hesitated for a moment. "Have...have you been seeing your new friends lately?" 

"Yes. I saw the lady in black a few days ago. I've decided to call her Konya. She looks like a Konya. Konya doesn't like me talking to you." 

"Why not?" 

"She says that you're not a good person, but I don't believe her. I think you're my best friend, Mason. I trust you, but she says I shouldn't. I don't want to not trust you. I think you're good." 

Mason smiled at me and gestured for me to come to him, giving me a comforting hug. 

"Thank you, Ariella. You're my best friend too," he said cheekily. 

But I wasn't listening; I was watching Konya behind him who was infuriated with what I had just said. I had slipped up, badly. 

I remembered the last time I had told Mason about seeing her and all my other new friends and not soon after he left, she appeared and had me in a chokehold. She told me that if I ever told anyone anything about them again, they would have me locked up forever and treat me like a science experiment. Or even kill me. 

When I had pointed out breathlessly that that's what she was doing to me, she scoffed. 

"I'm not going to kill you. I'm just getting the point across. I want you to understand that if you keep talking to them about us, they will have no mercy on you and you will be gone forever."