Painful Dance

:] Not much to say. Oh, wait, i'd love to here your opinions...comment? :D

* * * * 

I was staying after school in the gym just to have some alone time. I was tired of being surrounded by so many people all day, including my flaming friends. They scared the hell out of me. All except Zane. 

Zane was sitting against the wall behind me as a let myself go. I was playing music as loud as I could without attracting attention. It was a Friday and the only time I could have the gym to myself without being disturbed by guys who wanted to practice or cheerleaders who had to go through their routines. It was just me and the teachers didn't care as long as I didn't play my music too loud. 

And you ask what I do here in the gym, by myself, with music playing? I'll tell you what I do. I dance. 

I dance my legs off. I spend an hour putting all my energy into my dancing, making up my moves as I go along. I know Zane is watching me because I can always sense him and he's always moving around the gym getting a better view of my dancing. 

My body was in a flurry of movement, my arms out in front of me then above me and then behind me, bending and wrapping around me. My feet were here and then there in a second. I was flying around the whole gym, making up my moves. 

It was a while before I realized that there was someone else in the gym with me, excluding Zane. 

"Ian! You scared the crap out of me! What are you doing here?" 

He just gaped at me. "Ariella, you. Are. A. Great. Dancer," He said punctuating each word. I beamed at him. 

"Thanks, but why are you here?" 

"Oh, I was staying after for something and then I remembered I had to get my gym stuff, they kind of smell now." 

I burst out laughing at the sheepish look on his face. 

"What?" 

"Nothing...nothing," I gasped in between laughs.  

The stereo I borrowed was still playing its music, finishing the last few notes of the track I was dancing to. And then it switched to a slow dance song and Ian gave me a sheepish grin. 

"Would you like to dance?" he asked. I smiled. 

"Of course!" I held out my hand and he took it, pulling me closer to him, but far enough so our bodies weren't touching completely. His arms circled my waist and mines went around his neck. He didn't say anything, he only watched me. I felt like I was under a microscope. 

"Why are you staring at me?" 

"I was just thinking about something," he said vaguely. 

"Can I push that?" He looked at me confused. "I mean, can I ask what you're thinking about?" He pretended to think about it, looking up towards the ceiling in thought. 

"I supposed there's no harm in telling. But this is something really important to me and no one at this school knows about it," he said mysteriously. 

I was practically jumping in his arms, waiting for him to tell me. We were still dancing together. 

"I have an offer to go to Argon Academy on a full scholarship." 

"Argon? Like the arts college?" I interrupted. Ian nodded. 

"They saw me perform onstage at my other school in the end of year Finale where they had scouts to look for talent." 

"And they found you?" He nodded again. 

"They told me that they want to give me a place at the academy after graduation but they want me to perform one more time. But then I moved here, and they know that, and now they want me to perform at this school in your talent show so they can finally decide about the scholarship. And I want to get in so bad, I've dreamed of going to Argon since I was ten," he said lost in his memories.