Overheard The News

I decided to be awesome and post up what I have JUST finished writing. I'm proud of myself but now i'm dead. It may be a while before i'm able to post anymore for those of you who actually read this so yeah.

i think this is a pretty good chapter. well so was the one before.

Anyways, comment vote etc if you ever bother to do those things

I'm struggling to keep my eyes open so enjoy reading, opinions appreciated etc. etc.!

* * * *

I lay on my mattress listening as hard as I could to the conversation taking place downstairs.

"Something wrong with Ariella? She saw her friend die; of course something would be wrong!" Jeremy shouted, slamming the fridge. I guess Jake had already told him what had happened.

"No, it was something else. She kept crying and then all of a sudden she started screaming at someone to go away but there was no one there."

Silence.

"She screamed at someone?"

"That wasn't there," Jake added. I could basically see the frown spreading on Jeremy's face.

It was quiet again. I heard murmurs of a conversation but it was too soft. As fast and silent as possible, I climbed off the bed and stood at the top of the stairs, crouched down as I listened.

"She told me a few times that she kept seeing people popping up out of nowhere and hearing strange voices. I didn't know if it was her imagination or if she was serious. But after what you've said about the woods...I think she is serious. She really is seeing things. I mean I have always believed that she saw things, except now it seems to be getting even more serious."

"Are you going to do anything about it?"

"I don't know what I would do. I remember this one time she told me that she was actually personal with one of those things she see's. Mentioned his name...something with a 'z'. Zack...Zorro...Zane! That was it. Zane. She said they were friends or something."

"Friends? With a ghost?"

"We don't know if they are ghosts Jake. It really is a possibility that it's in her head. But I don't know what to do about it. I've waited for years for it to go away, for her to stop seeing things. I don't know what to do!" Jeremy muttered frustratingly.

"So it clearly won't go away by the years. It seems like it is getting worse. I mean if one of those...things were able to actually kill someone. Maybe it's going to far," Jake thought.

"Maybe? Someone died. This is definitely going too far. But what the hell can we do? There isn't anything we can do to control what those things do. I just want Ariella to stop seeing them. She comes home from school everyday looking like a lost monkey. She checks whatever room she's in before she even thinks of breathing. She doesn't think I notice her watching her back, but I do. I can't protect her from something I don't see."

"Well whatever it is, I'll help you. I don't want her to get hurt anymore," Jake assured.

I heard something being slammed, rattling a bunch of pots and pans. Something crashed and broke.

"Jeremy, she'll be fine. We'll help her; keep her near us as much as possible."

"Yeah." It sounded like Jeremy was calming himself. "I'm going to go check on her now."

"Alright." I heard footsteps coming near the stairs. "Oh, wait. Can I hang out here for tonight?"

"Yeah, you can have my bed, I'll sleep in Ariella's room. Wait, how about we both crash in her room tonight?"