His Return

Another part! Yay! :] So I was TRYING to keep ahead so that I'd be one part of the story ahead so i could upload faster buuut that didnt happen so you know, it might be a while before i upload... :] 

Enjoyy

* * * * 

I sat on the floor with my legs crossed, my fingers trailing along the white floor just drawing shapes when she appeared. She looked as evil as ever and I almost jumped out of my sitting position and hit the wall. She grinned at me through her black veil. 

"He's coming. This is your chance. Do it today." 

Two minutes later the invisible door opened and Dr. Nikki came in, followed by Jake. My face lit up. I saw his hesitant smile, but it was still a smile at least. 

"Jake!" I ran up to him and give him a hug. He was unsure but I felt his head turn slightly in Dr. Nikki's direction. I figured she must have given him her consent because his arms wrapped around my waist as he pulled me closer to him. I heard the click of the door when Dr. Nikki left. 

"How are you doing? Did...did I hurt you a lot?" I asked, worriedly. He pulled away from me but left his hands resting on my arms. I felt like a little girl, with my pouted face. His arms wrapped around me again, his hand holding my head tightly to his chest. 

"You didn't hurt me at all, Ariella," He whispered into my hair. I felt something wet dripping onto my head. Jake was crying. He was really crying. When I pulled away from him, I saw his puffy eyes, my proof. 

I reached out and cupped his face. "Why are you crying? Did I do something?" 

"No! No," he smiled through his tears. "I just never thought I would get to see you again. I'm just happy." 

I pondered that. What did he mean? He thought he wouldn't get to see me after the last time? Well, I guess I would be worried too, but it was only a week. Maybe they told him he couldn't come back and he got all upset. 

"You said you thought you'd never see me again. Do you mean because of what I did...to you?" 

He was almost gaping at me. "Ariella, you've been in this place for three years since...the crash. 

I stumbled back a step. "Th-...three years?" 

My hand went to my forehead as I collapsed against the wall. I was in this asylum for three years? I had been locked up in the Glasberger Institution for three years? No freaking way. That was impossible. I was only here for a month. Maybe a little longer. 

But then again, how would I know? I had no sense of time in this timeless room. The days must have gone much faster than I had realized. Could I have been unconscious for longer than I'd thought? 

"Three years?" I repeated. 

"You didn't know." 

"Jake, please. Don't mess with me. How long ago was it when you came here the first time?" 

He thought about it for a minute. "About a year since I last saw you." 

That had me reeling again. Holy crap. What I had thought was a week had actually been a year. Did Jake miss me that much? I thought he didn't want anything to do with me after he found out. 

"Why are you here Jake?" I asked out of the blue. He looked at me confused.  

"What do you mean? I came here to see you." 

"No. Last time I remember, you left me because you found out about...that. You left me saying you didn't want to be near me anymore." 

"That's not what I said," he whispered.