The Old and the New

So I've changed my mind. Whether you vote or not, i will put up my story (but i'd still appreciate the votes and comments!). It's totally up to you to vote and comment. So here's the next part in the story. It may not be amazing but it's the best i can do when i'm having a writer's block :] 

Enjoy!

* * * *

"You know you want me, Ariella." 

"No, I don't, Jake. Can you leave me alone?" 

"I really do like you, Ariella," he said, ignoring my plea. 

"Hm, that's not what you said at the party," I smiled playfully. He was leaning on the locker next to mine while I searched for my books for next period. He was wearing his soccer jersey which made him seem a lot like a jock, which he was, but he was better than most. 

"I said you were beautiful and that I love you. I'll tell that to everyone, Ariella, if it will get you to go out with me. I'll yell it right now!" He took a deep breath and at the top of his lungs yelled, "I love Ariella!"  

I slapped my hand over his mouth before he could finish. His eyes crinkled and I knew he was smiling. I removed my hand and scowled at him. 

"No, Jake. I don't want to go out with you. We were together one night, Jake. One freaking night. You can't love me already," I said scowling. 

"You don't know that, now do you?" I punched him lightly on the arm and walked away, but he was relentless.  

He caught up to me as soon as he realized I was leaving him. He tried to pull me closer to him by enfolding me in his arms but I shrugged him off. 

"Jake, we're friends now and we'll always be friends, okay? Don't push it, or might not have me at all," I said angrily and stormed off. 

I was headed for Lit class and plopped into my seat next to Caelyn. She noticed my huffiness and turned to me. 

"You look pooped. Something wrong?" She paused and then answered her own question. "Wait, it's Jake isn't it?" 

I sighed. "He doesn't get the fact that I don't want to date him. I just can't get rid of him." 

That was when Zane popped up between mine and Caelyn's desk. He bent down to eye level. 

"I can get rid of him," he said smiling. I almost threw my textbook at him but restrained myself. He noticed and his smile just got bigger. I could've melted right then and there; he was just so gorgeous but a big pain in the arse. Instead I took a deep breath and looked passed him to Caelyn. 

"Ariella, maybe you should think about it. I mean it seems like he really does like you. You haven't dated anyone for a couple of years now. It might just be good for you right now," Caelyn advised. She was probably right but if I did start dating again, I didn't want to start with Jake. I didn't want Jake. We were drunk at the party, stuff happened. That didn't mean I wanted it to go any further. 

"Besides, you guys practically did it at the party even though you guys were kind of drunk. He's not drunk now," she said and turned back to the front of the room just as Mrs. Dover walked in. 

I shot Zane a warning glance but he just sat on the floor silently, giving me a frown. I shook my head disparagingly but ignored him for the rest of the lesson. 

We were discussing Romeo and Juliet which we had read in school a couple years back but now we were going even more in depth. 

Halfway through the class there were voices outside the door, which disrupted Mrs. Dover's discussion with Alana.