Delusions

So next chapter is here :] If there's anything confusing about it, dont be shy to ask. Anyways, i'd love it if you voted or commented! Opinions are appreciated. The next chapter will be special. Or it might be the chapter after that. You'll just have to wait >:D

* * * *

A faint vibrating wakes me up. I shuffle around and stare at the ceiling. And then I remember Mason’s phone. I crawl in the dim white light to the corner and stick my hand into the gap. My hand finds the rectangular form and drags it out. The screen is flashing with the words ‘New Text Message’.

I quickly open the inbox and check the message. A frown takes over my face. It wasn’t what I was expecting. It was a message from the phone company, asking if this phone was missing and to reply with a series of numbers to confirm that it was missing.

I let out a sigh and stuffed the phone back. But moments later, it buzzed again. With hurried movements I reached for it and checked the message.

Jake.

I felt my mouth pull into a smile. I opened the text.

‘I’ll help you with anything, A. What do you need?’

I grinned and texted him back. Firstly, I would need my own phone so that if Mason found his, I could act like I didn’t know. And secondly, I needed to see Jake if I wanted to get out of here.

I hit send

“Ariella?”

I jump ten feet into the air at the voice. How didn’t I hear Mason come in? I stuffed the phone into the side before he could see me.

“I’m on this side!”

He peers at me around the door opening and cracks a mischievous grin. “Guess what?”

“What?”

“I said guess, you have to guess,” he responded. I rolled my eyes.

“You got a raise?”

“No, how in the world would I get a raise. I’d have to miraculously cure you, or keep you sane!” He muttered something under his breath. When he looked at me and noticed his expression he recompensed. “Not that you aren’t sane, you just have those…moments…”

“Good save,” I laughed. He let out a nervous chuckle then brightened.

“Keep guessing!”

“I’m getting out of this hell whole?”

“YES!” he yelled. My eyes widened. “Well, not out of the institute but out of this room. You get your own private room in the suites! Aren’t you excited?”

“I, uh, yeah.”

“They think you seem fine, so they decided to put you out of your misery and into a happier place. And now you can see Jasmine too!”

“And you can see Victoria,” I said, waggling my eyebrows. He grinned sheepishly.

“Oh pish, posh,” he said with a fake accent.

“When am I moving?”

“Now! That’s why I’m here, duh. I’ll give you a moment to say goodbye to your room and then we’ll get going.” He stepped out of the room and closed the door. Immediately I scrambled for the phone. I was going to have to take it with me. If they did a clean up of the room and found that I had been texting, they might just lock me back up in here.

Unfortunately I didn’t have any pockets in the hideous uniform I was wearing so I just quickly stuffed it into my pants. It was slightly uncomfortable. I made sure my shirt covered the lump in my backside.