Misplaced

"So dad, I was thinking, what?" Audrey paused looking at her dad, who was laughing.

"You're changing the subject. Do you like Richard?" Dad asked taking a sip of his smoothie. Audrey blushed and looked at the ground, then back up at her father.

"I got an A in Math!" She said.

"That's great!!" Dad said. Audrey sighed in relief I that the subject was forgotten.

"But you keep changing the subject, which makes me sure you like him!" Dad said laughing.

"No! I-uh-no!" Audrey said. She sat up from the sofa and walked out into the hallway.

"Mom! Dad's embarrassing me!!!" Audrey waited for an answer. Nothing.

"Huh." Audrey walked to the kitchen and found an abandoned stove, and the contents on the stove was on fire!

"Gah!" Audrey yelled running over to it. She grabbed an emergency fire extinguisher and put out the flame.

"Mom?" Audrey asked in concern. She wouldn't just leave, whatever was in the pan, with the stove on. Audrey decided to walk back to the living room.

"Dad? Do you know where mom is--ahh!" Audrey yelled. Her dad wasn't on the couch and the smoothie was spilled on the floor.

"Mom! Dad! Where are you!!" Audrey yelled. She looked out the window and saw cars in the middle of the street not moving. She could hear children screaming. Audrey quickly got into her hero costume and flew out the door. Children in cars were abandoned and not a single adult in sight.

"Hey shush its okay! I've got you now!" She said picking up a toddler. He slowly stopped crying and clung to Audrey.

"Help!" A voice cried. Audrey turned to the noise and saw a teenage girl running up to her.

"Supergirl!! I was driving my mom to the grocery store and she just vanished from the car!" The teenager wailed.

"It's alright. My team will fix this. But I need you and other kids old enough to help the younger kids. Find them and watch them in a safe place." Audrey watched the girl nod before continuing.

"I would help but I need to go figure out what's causing this. Are you up to the challenge?" Audrey said. The girl nodded in determination.

"Thank you!" Audrey said handing the teen the toddler. Audrey felt weird giving instructions to a older teen, but oh well. Audrey flew off towards the cave.

"Supergirl to Robin, come in." Audrey said into the comm device. A bit of static before an answer.

"Robin to Supergirl, I'm here. Are the adults gone where you're at too?" He asked.

"Yeah. But don't worry, I've assigned older teens to help take care of the younger kids." Audrey said.

"That's great. Kid Flash and I did the same. MGann Superboy, and Artemis are still at the high school getting things situated." Robin said.

"What do you think caused this?" Audrey asked.

"I don't know, but we'll find out and put a stop to it." Robin said.

Aqualad, Kid Flash and I were in the souvenir room looking around to see if there was anything that could possibly help. I turned to talk to Kid Flash when I noticed him staring intently at the Helmet of Fate.

"No way you're thinking of using that thing. It almost didn't let Kaldur go last time." I said.

"How desperate are we." Wally asked as if he didn't hear me.