Beneath and Bloodlines

Season 2 Episode 5 And 6.... sort of..

"...Investigating the origin of the alien bomb that destroyed the Krolotean invasion force is still a high priority. We suspect the bomb may have been smuggled to Earth via boom tube. Watchtower sensor scans in Bialya have recorded an uptick in boom tube activity." Nightwing spoke on screen from to cave to the bioship. I nodded, taking in all the information.

"Alpha squad. Your mission is sneak behind enemy lines, recon known boom tube hotspots and find alien tech matching the bomb.
Oh, and.." I cut Nightwing off.

"Don't get caught or create an international incident." I smiled.

"Right? That about covers it." Nightwing said very monotone.

"Psimon?" M'gann asked gripping the controls.

"We have confirmation that Bialya's telepathic enforcer's still catatonic in a Quraci hospital. After his last encounter with you. But Bialya's dictator, Queen Bee, is another story. Her ability to control the minds of men is why Alpha is an all-female squad for this mission." Nightwing explained. We all raised our eyebrows.

"Oh really? And would you have felt the need to justify an all male squad for a given mission." I asked smirking. My boyfriend paled on screen. I heard Batgirl 'ooo' next to me.

"There's no right answer for that, is there? So Nightwing out." Nightwing said, and the screen went black. We all laughed.

"Queen Bee isn't the only woman who can mess with a man's mind." Batgirl smirked and leaned back in her chair. I don't know though. He has barely spoken to me since Valentine's day. It's mainly missions that he talks to me directly. I know I've been distant myself with my job at the Daily Planet as a news journalist, but still.

Mission:
Batgirl and I took control of the mission and delegates out assignments. We had Wonder Girl stay up top and be lookout. She doesn't have the quiet part of stealth down just yet.

I snuck inside and flew to my recon point and watched for any activity.

"I'm shutting down the psychic link." M'Gann said. Something must have happened.

"Nike, find Batgirl and then find the rendezvous point." M'Gann said before the link went silent. Gotta warn the others the hard way.
I've shut down our psychic link.

I stayed hovering in the air for a minute, because guards passed me below. They rounded a corner and I dropped to the guard and pressed up against the wheel. I used my X-ray vision to see what was in the capsules they were pushing. I recognized of the people trapped as Batgirl. This just made everything a lot harder.

I flew around the corner and I smacked right into a teenager with blonde hair.

"Something happened to Batgirl and Bee and it's all my fault for getting spotted!" Cassie cried. I gripped her shoulders.

"Cassie, calm down. Every mission takes an unexpected turn." I said.

"We've recovered and adapt. That's rule one." M'Gann said appearing next to us.

"Sounds about right." Bee said flying over.

"Bee! You're alive!" Cassie said in relief.

"Was that really in doubt? Have you seen Batgirl?" Bee asked.

"Captured."

"So we have to go. Now. I'll brief you all on the way." M'Gann said.

We attacked the plane that Batgirl and the other abductees were being held. It took a minute but we grounded it. M'Gann and Psimon stood face to face.