01.

"What lies behind us, and what lies before us, are small matters compared to what lies within us."

We walked in silence for a few minutes before Esme asked me what I was doing in the woods.

"I don't know." Tears were close, but I refused to cry in front of strangers. We stopped and Esme turned to look at me.

"What do you mean you don't know? Surely you know how you got into the middle of the woods in forks." She said, as we continued to walk.

"All I remember is that I was walking along the beach with my sister. Then she looks at me and everything goes blank and I wake up here." I say, trying my best not to cry. I looked at Carlisle and he looked like he was in pain. Did I do something?

"And you have no recollection of how you go here?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I have no idea how I got here or where my family are." I stated, looking down at the ground. We walked for a few more minutes, with Esme told me that Carlisle was a doctor, so he'd do a check up on me, just in case something wasn't right. Her and Carlisle were telling me about their family, just giving me a warning in case I wasn't expecting a big crowd.

"Beware of Alice. She'll want to turn you into a LifeSize barbie doll." Carlisle chuckled. I scrunched my nose up.

"Eww I hate pink or anything remotely close to the colour." Esme smiled and a gave a small laugh.

"Well here we are." Esme beamed, as we stepped into view of a beautiful house. Most of the walls were made of glass and it looked quite elegant.

"Wow." I was stuck for words.

"Carlisle, do you mind taking her inside, I have something to do first." Esme asked, he looked a bit uncomfortable but nodded. Esme walked away, and Carlisle lead me inside.

"I'm gonna need to do a quick check up, just I case any things wrong." Carlisle said. I nodded and he followed him into what I guessed was his office. I took a seat in his chair, that happened to spin around, as he got a small medical kit. He turned around and looked at me as I spun around, a huge grin on my face. Carlisle gave a small laugh, and I stopped. He shone a small torch in my eyes and I instantly looked away.

"Sorry, I should've said something."

"It's fine."  He shone the torch in my eyes and gently touched my face. I resisted the urge to pull away, due to his ice cold hands.

"Are you checking to see if I'm drunk or stoned?" I asked. Carlisle laughed.

"No, well that and I'm checking to see if you've got a concussion."  He replied. I nodded.

"Just follow the light with your eyes." My eyes trailed the light and he smiled and turned the torch off, looking into my eyes. He held up his hand, holding up four fingers.

"How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Four." I replied and he nodded.