08.

"The path of sound credence is through the thick forest of scepticism."

It had been a few hours since my last encounter with the Cullen's. By then Alicia and I had driven to a cute little house that we owned and we had started talking. I found out that she wasn't just an ordinary werewolf. When she was working a case, she met a vampire who tried to turn her, but her wolf genes mixed and she became some kind of a vampire-wolf hybrid.

"I don't have to feed on human blood that often. Maybe once a month. And I can phase into a wolf whenever." I smiled at her.

"So who did you imprint on?" I asked, as we sat in front of the fire. She held her coffee in her hands and I sipped at my hot chocolate. She seemed like she didn't want to tell.

"Oh come on, whichever wolf-"

"It isn't one of the wolves." She said, interrupting me. I stared at her.

"Then it's a vampire... One of the Cullen's?" I asked and she nodded. I ran it through my mind, and the only person I could think of is... No, but...

"Esme?" I whispered. Alicia looked at me.

"How did you know?" She asked, her voice low.

"She was the only one without a mate." I replied, remembering the conversation that we had.  "So it's true?" I asked getting excited. She nodded. I couldn't contain my happiness.

"YOU TWO WILL BE SO CUTE TOGETHER!" I cried, hugging her. Alicia had to put down her coffee so it didn't spill.

-

We went back to the Cullen's house after Alicia caught some sleep and had a bit of rest from all the drama. She called Esme, to tell her that we were coming around. She hadn't told any of the others yet- she was waiting for Alicia to show up then they would decide. Once Alicia parked the car, I jumped out and sprinted to the front door. I opened it, and was greeted by the fam.
Everyone turned to look at me, smiles on their faces, as I leaned against a wall to catch my breath. Alicia walked in, and looked at me. I shielded my thoughts from Edward by mentally singing "Caraphernelia" by pierce the veil.
'So baby what if I can't forget you
I'll burn your name into my throat
-sorry Edward-
I'll be the fire that'll catch you'
Once I had gotten my breath back, I started humming the tune in case it slipped my mind. Edward was giving me a pissed off look, but I ignored him and dragged Esme outside. I dragged her, far away from the house and stopped dead in my tracks.

"Elizabeth what's-" I cut her off by hugging her.

"If I was human I would've broken several bones." She laughed.

"Sorry- I know!" I squealed. She looked confused then a few moments later, everything clicked. I started rambling about what happened yesterday, and she put her hand over my mouth. I frowned.

"Listen. I don't want anyone to know yet." I nodded. "Promise you won't say anything?" She pleaded. I tried to say something, but my voice was muffled by her hand. She took her hand away and I nodded.

"I promise." I placed my pinky in the air and she locked hers with mine. We walked back, talking about random stuff. We got through the door and the whole family was looking at us. Well mainly at me- as I grabbed someone whilst humming a tune and we were gone for like ten minutes.

"Esme, Elizabeth, is everything alright?" Rosalie asked. We nodded our heads and walked over to the couch. Esme stood casually next to Alicia and I sat next to Carlisle. He was reading the newspaper, so I looked over his shoulder and he laughed. Out the corner of my eye, I could see Alicia gesture to Esme. Here it was! I started to mentally sing a random David Bowie song, as both Alicia and Esme had given me a look. Alicia cleared her throat and my song singing died down, though I was convinced that it would get stuck in my head for the next few hours.

"So uh.." Esme was lost for words. Both her and Ali didn't know how to tell the Cullen's. I was mentally preparing myself for the best news of my life. Alicia sighed.

"Elizabeth, take it away." Her and Esme looked at me, slightly cringing, at my childness of their news.

"ALI IMPRINTED ON ESME!" I smiled. The room went silent. The three of us looked around the room and everyone wore shocked expressions. We stayed silent for a while, I observed everyone, and I was a little upset with the scepticism in the room.