16.

I looked around the Denali's house, which was beautifully designed. Unlike the Cullen's house, thought they did not have every second wall a window, instead the walls were a creme colour and in the living room, a beautiful chandelier hung from the ceiling. Carlisle put our bags down by the couch and and Carmen turned towards me.

"Why don't we go outside for a bit, you seem like you enjoy the snow." She said. I nodded excitedly and left Carlisle's side, as Carmen opened up the front door and I stepped out into the cold.

"So where are you and your sister from?" Carmen asked, as we walked through the snow.

"England." I replied, looking at her. Carmen smiled at me and we talked for a while, mostly on random subjects.

"How long have you known the Cullen's?" She asked, after a few minutes of silence. We were sitting in the snow and I was making a mini snowman.

"Only a few weeks." I said, making the head. "I was sent here to do something bad, but I couldn't bring myself to do it." I admitted. Carmen looked at me, telling me with her eyes to go on. I sighed. "I was sent here by the volturi to kill Renesme. I'm a hunter... Well not anymore I'm retired. But my parents said that this would be my first solo case. Long story short, I met Carlisle, found out he was my mate, Renesme became my friend, I decided not to kill her then my parents and Alicia came to forks, Alicia imprinted on Esme, we killed our parents now we live in a house that's quite close to the Cullen's." I said, in a matter of one breath. Carmen looked at me.

"I don't know what to say. I'm sorry for your loss." She whispered, but then made a confused face. "You said that Alicia imprinted on Esme, Alicia is a vampire." Carmen said, starting to get confused.

"Only half vampire. She was bitten on a case, but her wolf genes stopped her from becoming a full vampire. We have a bit of wolf genes in us." I replied, done with my mini snowman. She nodded, and we started to walk back to the house, talking about Carmen and her family. I looked through the window to the house and saw Alicia looking a little sad. That worried me.

*THIRD PERSON P.O.V*

Elizabeth and Carmen left the house and everyone sat down.

"So Carlisle, what brings you to Alaska?" Eleazer asked his friend. Carlisle sighed, looking at Eleazer and Alicia.

"I have to tell you something, but you must not get too worried. It's Elizabeth." He stated, and Alicia broke away from Esme, and sat up.

"What about her?" Tanya bet her to it.

"Alice is a little concerned because she is unable to see Elizabeth's future." Alicia gasped, and covered her mouth. Esme comforted her mate and told Carlisle to go on. "She bought this up to me a few weeks and so I told Esme and we told the rest of the family apart from Jacob, Renesme and you, Alicia." Carlisle stopped to see her reaction. Alicia was staring at the ground, soaking in all the information that Carlisle was feeding them. "And so, Eleazer I was wondering if you could detect a power In her that has not yet manifested, maybe that could be the cause." Carlisle finished.

"I will see when she gets back with Carmen." He replied.

"Maybe it's the wolf genes." Alicia piped up, earning everyone's attention. "I know Alice can't see the wolves futures and even though we don't have much in our blood, but that could be the reason." She tried her best not to cry.

"I don't know, but until we find the cause of this, we all have to be alert that nothing bad happens to El." Esme stated, looking at her mate. Just then, Elizabeth and Carmen walked in through the door. Elizabeth skipped over to her sister and sat down in between her and Carlisle.