04.

"I am in a sea of wonders, I doubt; I fear; I think strange thinks which I dare not confess to my own soul."

(A/N: Yay this is a flashback chapter!)

I was finally able to come with my parents and Alicia on an overseas case. I asked them if this was some kind of trick, but dad replied,

"No, this is your case. You'll be going solo, but we'll have to remove this conversation from your memory." I stared blank at them.

"With all due respect, may I ask why?"

"Because this coven has vampires with abilities. One can read your mind, and another can feel your emotions, so if you aren't focused or you slip up, they'll most likely kill you. And you won't be able to kill that hybrid." Dad replied. I nodded.

"But you said that this hybrid isn't dangerous-"

"Yet! This hybrid isn't dangerous yet. They could use her to put the humans in danger! And what were we created for?" He asked me.

"To kill all creatures that pose a threat to the human race." My dad nodded and handed me a small vile and in it, contained a blue liquid.

"This is a mixture that will make you forget the last 24 hours of your life. Once we land in America, you will drink this. It'll knock you out for a few hours, then we'll place you in a specific spot. From there onwards, your on your own."

"But if the vamp can read my mind, won't he see that I've already killed vampires?" I asked. They smiled.

"That's why you drink this." They handed me a vile with a clear liquid in it.
"It'll suppress your memories for a while, so they won't suspect you."

"Okay." I took them both and stuffed them in my pocket.

"Good luck. We'll be close by, just in case anything happens." Mum and dad hugged me. Alicia walked through the door and she nodded to my parents.
-
My sister and I were walking along the beach and she was speaking, but I couldn't hear her. I was too excited . She whizzed around, and grabbed my shoulders.

"Dude, you're not even listening. This is important!" She was scaring me a little. I mumbled a sorry. We stopped walking and she turned to face me once more.

"Alright, this is it. Now, remember, take the clear-"

"Liquid first then the blue stuff. Alicia, I know." I reassured my older sister. She smiled warmly at me.

"What mum and dad didn't tell you, is that this stuff wears off quite quickly, so if, for any reason your stalling you won't have much time." She said.
"How many days do I have?" I asked.

"Maximum 4 days." She replied. I nodded. I unscrewed the caps of both of the files and downed the clear liquid first.

"See you on the other side." My sister chuckled at me, and I downed the second vile.