40.

Nothing had happened in a few weeks, and we were beginning to think that doing that spell was useless, because maybe the compulsion worked. But we were so wrong. Alice had gotten a vision that Caius had made the decision for me to come in front of the volturi and they would kill me. Due to the fact that Klaus compelled Aro just made the situation so much worse. I was currently pacing in the living room, my sister was trying to come up with solutions with how I couldn't die. If only she knew, if only they all knew. I was only pacing the room because I was nervous about facing the 'demon kings' again. Alice said that Caius would be glad to kill me himself and that got my heart racing just thinking about it.

"Calm down Elizabeth." Carlisle sighed, looking at me. My nerves had kicked in big-time and whenever my anxiety was at a certain level, I started to speak Romanian.

"Sunt speriat." I'm scared.I whispered, crossing my arms over my chest and leaning against the nearest wall.

"Nu fi speriat, Lupul mic." Don't be frightened, little wolf. Klaus smiled softly at me but I couldn't think of any positives at that moment, well I could but I had to act like I was really going to die and stay dead, and I had to keep those thoughts from my head while Edward was around. Someone stood next to me and put an arm on my shoulder. It was Carlisle, and he scared me, so I jumped a little and he laughed.

"Fecior de carva!" Son of a bitch! I cried. Alicia snapped her head up and shook her head.

"Nu înjura." Do not swear. Alicia scolded. I sighed and leaned my head against the wall.

"Why does life hate me." I mumbled.

"You'll be fine, all we have to do is convince them that nothing will happen, that you will keep our secret and stuff, right?" Emmett asked.

"It won't be that easy, Emmett because in the end, they will want us to change you, weather that be when we go back to Italy or in a few years." Carlisle stated. I glanced at Alicia and she looked back at me. I gestured for her to mention something and she slowly stood up.

"There's something we should've mentioned a while ago." Alicia fiddled with her hands and Carlisle looked between me and my sister.

"About what?" He asked.

"Is everything okay?" Esme asked, grabbing onto Alicia's arm.

"Well... my mother...our mother managed to put a curse... Spell on us that will turn us into a vampire at a certain age." Alicia stated. The whole family just stared at us.

"She chose the age 23. I turned when I was on a case... they made the spell so that any vampire around us would feel the undying need to turn us. Not kill us but turn us." She added.

"After we lost Andrew, my mother couldn't bear to loose another child. Our father was only going along with it, because it would help us become better hunters." I stated, hatred lacing every word I spoke about my parents. "So either way, in 8 years, I'm becoming a vampire weather I like it or not." I sighed.

"Have you-"

"Tried to find a way out of the spell curse thingy? A long time ago, but there was nothing that I could do."

"That's not fair! You don't even get to live!" Rose cried. I nodded my head.

"I know- there's nothing I can do though. Both Alicia and I have tried every spell there is to try but nothing works."

"Well it looks like we'll have to make sure you live and when you do, we're gonna make it the best life ever." Carlisle smiled, placing an arm in my shoulder. If only he knew the truth.