41.

Klaus cried, as he slowly lay Elizabeth's lifeless body on the ground, her blood staining the edges of his mouth. Carlisle scrambled to the girls side, as he started to sob.

"Elizabeth!" Alicia cried, as she fell to the ground. Caius let the four others go and Esme sped to her mates side, holding her as she cried. Carlisle cradled his mate in his arms and let out a scream. Elijah bent down to Klaus, who had wrapped his arms around his knees and bought them up to his chest, quietly sobbing.

"I killed her." He repeated over and over again.

"Jane, Felix. Show them out." Marcus said, boredom lacing his words. Carlisle continued to cry tearless cries over his mates dead body and Rosalie came and put a hand on his shoulder. Emmett came over and took the girls lifeless body from his arms and carried her bridal style while Esme and Jasper held Alicia and Rose and Alice helped Carlisle. Elijah helped Klaus to stand up and when they got out into the cold night, Klaus took off running, saying he'd meet them all back in America.

-

Emmett and Jasper had taken Elizabeth's body back to Forks, while everyone else boarded the plane. Klaus was the first one to arrive back, after committing a mass murder and getting his fill of blood, though the pain didn't subside. He felt so guilty about killing his friend, even though she was going to wake up, he didn't expect to kill her himself. It just made it so much more worse and when she woke up, he wanted to be the first on to see Elizabeth, to apologise to her and tell her that nothing would ever hurt her again. Not even him. Klaus's thoughts were interrupted by Emmett and Jasper walking up to the house, a white sheet draped over the body. Klaus looked up from where he was sitting on the back porch. He stood up, but looked away as soon as he saw the girls body.

"We have get her upstairs." Klaus stated, as soon as the vampires got close enough to him. They looked at him strangely.

"Why?"

-

The Cullen's and the Mikaelson's managed to get back to the house without anyone dying or breaking down. They all gloomily made their way into the house, where Jasper, Emmett and Klaus sat. They were all quiet and as soon as Carlisle entered with Alicia, they both looked at him and only Carlisle turned away, muttering that he was going hunting. Klaus stood up and looked down, not being able to look Alicia in the eyes.

"Alicia, I-" before he could say anything, Alicia ran over to Klaus and hugged him.

"I know what you were going to say. I'm so sorry as well. I'm sorry that you had to go through the pain of drinking El's blood." Klaus was taken back at first, but he soon wrapped his arms around her waist and they stayed like that for a few minutes, before Klaus looked at Elijah, Kol and Alice. They all nodded and Klaus pulled away from the girl.

"I think it's time to tell you all something." Klaus looked to the three.

"What do you mean? What's going on?" Alicia panicked, as Esme held her close.

"Elizabeth wanted you to know something once you were all safe." Elijah stepped in. "She and Klaus did a spell so that if she died, she wouldn't stay dead. Her blood mixed with Klaus's and they basically became one. She will wake up and she will not be a vampire, I promise you that." Elijah finished and everyone stared at him.

"You mean, you made me go through all that pain and suffering for no reason!" Alicia cried, lunging at the Mikaelson, but Emmett caught her and wouldn't let her go.

"Chill, they were only helping." Alicia struggled against Emmett's grasp, but he wouldn't budge.

"You mean to tell me that my sister is actually alive?" Alicia cried.

"I know it's hard to believe, but it's true. She will wake up, she'll be both weak and in shock for the first few hours but she'll be fine. Trust me, I can see the future." Alice placed her arm on Alicia's shoulder and she calmed down.

"Although Klaus wants to see her first." They all looked at him, his eyes flashed with guilt and he looked down.

"Okay." Alicia whispered, Emmett letting go of her. "It's understandable."