14.

Elizabeth woke up to the sound of birds chirping. She looked around and saw that she wasn't in her own bedroom. She sat up, seeing a white duvet draped over her frame and looked around. The wall closest to her had a long bookshelf covered in novels, big and small. Looking around more, she saw sitting on a bedside table a clock. 5:48am  'Wow I'm up early.' Elizabeth thought. She knew she was still in the Cullen's house, but she had no idea where exactly. She slipped out of the bed silently and walked around the room, admiring the large collection of books. The door suddenly opened and Esme stood there, leaning against the door.

"Why are you up so early?" She asked, walking over to the girl, who seemed to shiver slightly.

"I just woke up. I expected it to be later in the day, but I was wrong..." She trailed off, looking out the large window and out into the woods. Esme smiled and looked around the room, landing her eyes on a jumper, draped over a chair. She sped over to it and back again, holding it out for Elizabeth to put on.

"I'm sure Carlisle won't mind." Esme said with full confidence, as Elizabeth slipped on the jumper, admiring the warmth that it bought her. They walked out of Carlisle's room and down the stairs, into the living room. Alicia looked up from her book and smiled at her sister.

"You're up early?" She said, hugging Elizabeth. Carlisle looked up from his iPad and a smile appeared on his lips, seeing her in his jumper.

"You know me, once I'm up I won't go back to sleep." Elizabeth said, and she took a seat on the couch. A few hours before, Alicia had put all of Elizabeth's presents in the car, except for a change of clothes and a book to keep her busy. Alicia chucked the spear pare of clothes to Elizabeth, who walked into the bathroom and changed. She took off her dress and stockings, and replaced it with the comicstrip shirt and black ripped skinny jeans. She chucked on Carlisle's dark blue jumper, not ready to let go of the warmth yet and picked up her clothes from the ground and walked down stairs.

"Keys." Alicia threw the keys at Elizabeth, who caught them without looking at them, while walking outside. She unlocked the car and put her clothes inside, locking it again.

"Elizabeth!" Renesme called out, walking over to the young hunter. Elizabeth smiled at her friend.

"What are you doing outside? It's cold." Renesme asked, pulling her jacket closer to her.

"I'm just putting my stuff in the car." She replied. They continued to talk, as they walked back to the house, and Elizabeth threw the keys back to Alicia, who caught them , without looking up from her book.

"How do you two do that?" Carlisle asked, handing a bowl of cereal each to Renesme and Elizabeth. The sisters looked at each other and shrugged, as Renesme and Elizabeth sat at the table.

"What's rule one of being a hunter?" Alicia asked, continuing to read her book, and Esme sat next to her, leaning her head on Alicia's shoulder.

"Never let your guard down." Elizabeth replied, casually with a spoonful of cereal in her mouth. He nodded and smiled at his mate. Alice walked into the room, with a frown on her face.

"What's wrong aunt Alice?" Renesme asked, earning the attention of everyone in the room. She glanced quickly at Elizabeth, but placed a fake smile on her face.

"Oh nothing, Jasper won't let me pick out his outfit." She replied, laughing nervously, earning a genuine laugh from Elizabeth, Alicia and Renesme. Carlisle and Esme weren't buying it. Alice tapped Carlisle on the shoulder and gestured for him to follow her outside. They sped into the woods, while no one was watching and Carlisle grabbed Alice by the arm.

"What's wrong? Is is Elizabeth?" Alice sighed, crossing her arms.

"I can't see her future." Alice admitted. Carlisle was taken back. What if she died? What if she had no future?

"Alice how can that be, she isn't a wolf? And she can't..." He couldn't finish his sentence. Alice gasped and shook her head.

"N-No I doubt it could be...that." She said. Carlisle looked at her.

"Then how can she not have a future?" He asked, starting to get a little annoyed. "Maybe she hasn't decided what she wants to do. Elizabeth is the kind of girl to make split second decisions." Carlisle tried to reason with himself.

"Carlisle, calm down. Maybe I'm overreacting." Alice tried to calm down the vampire. He nodded and they walked back, trying to figure out solutions. By the time the vampires had gotten back to the house, Renesme and Elizabeth had finished breakfast and had started to do separate things. By then, the whole family was there including Jake. Carlisle calmed himself, by looking over to Elizabeth who was playing a game of chess with Esme. She smiled, moving a piece on the lard and waited for Esme to make her move. Alice's face saddened, not being able to see her future, even with the most simplest things. Edward looked into both Carlisle's and Alice's thoughts and understood what was happening. He looked over at the young girl enjoying herself and they started to worry about what could happen.