Prologue

I was happy to finally have friends, I thought while walking beside them.

He was walking in front of us.
"Let's make the baby cry" Richie said laughing. Me and the rest of the boys agree by laughing and nodding.

Richie walks faster so he could catch up with Him. Within a blink of my eyes richie pushes him on the floor. I hear gasps and then followed by laughter.

But when he turns around and I see the outcome I instantly regret it. Regret ever laughing at him.

He looked at richie and his eyes fell on me. He smiled a little. But I look away. Laughing with my friends.

"Look the baby wants to cry" Finian laughs.
I pity him, his glasses broken, his face red. And grey eyes screaming that they wanted to cry. And he does, he burst into cries.

And that's it. That's what richie wanted. That's what we wanted. We walk away leaving him there, a crying mess.

"Come on Evan" Finian chanted behind me. I shook my head. No they already did so much to him today.
“don't you want to be friends with us?” Finian said.
You're afraid of him" Richie taunts me.
"No I'm not" I said taking the water bottle out of his hand.

I walk up to him, he was sitting alone on a bench. I smile as I approach him, opening the cap.
He smiles back at me.

His smile didn't even have the time to bat his eyes. I empty the whole water bottle onto him. He takes his glasses off and wipes his eyes.

And stares at me. But not in hatred.No he's smiling. Smiling like he was happy.

"Evan made the baby wet" Finian screams.

A few people who were still waiting for the bus were laughing.

But he didn't care about them at the moment. No he just continued to smile at me, until Richie drags me away from him.

But I didn't mind, I didn't like the cry baby. I don't care about him.

I stood in front of the school waiting for my mother. How was I going to tell her I got detention?

“Evan”

“Evan ?” I turn around to see who was calling me. It was finian.

“Yeah?” I ask tapping my feet impatiently.
“Did you heard what happened to the cry baby?” he asked me. I shook my head. The cry baby wasn't my problem.

“He left school.” he said.
“Oh?” I didn't know how to react. Why should I care?

“I think we pushed it.” Finian said before walking away. He saying the truth. We did overdo it. It's a wonder that he didn't crack his head.

I felt sorry for him but I didn't care for him. I don't like him. I didn't even know him.