The bad boy's boy returns

I stared at myself in the mirror. I looked different. No one will recognize me."I can do this" I whispered.

I need to be strong. It's just high school, one year in that place. 

"You're a big boy. You can take care of yourself" I spoke confidently at my eighteen year old reflection.

After years I'm standing in my old room. After years of being away from home I was finally back from living with my aunt. After four long years I was back in my old room.

 I walked downstairs, into the kitchen seeing my mother sitting on a chair. She stared into space. My mother had become spacey ever since my dad died. She was so broken. She was alone, my aunt said that it would be better if someone would live with her. Then she wouldn't be alone.

They were afraid she might end up hurting herself. It was a traumatizing period for my mother. I already lost one of my parents, I didn't want to lose my mother. She meant allot to me.

Her being alone and not in the right mind worried me. That was the reason I came back home, to support my mom. I didn't want to leave her by herself, deal with my father's death alone. I wanted to be there for her like a son should

"Hey mom. I'm ready to go" I spoke snapping her out of her thoughts.
"You look more like your father ever day." She said.

"No I'm handsome " I spoke back. She scoffed."Where do you think you got your good looks from?" She asked me."From you of course" I said grinning at her.

She just rolled her eyes."I'm proud of you. You're a high school senior now" she said. "Of course you should be proud" I sassed back.

"It was just like yesterday when you were just a little boy. " she smilingly said.

"Seriously did you just quote that from sleeping beauty" I asked."Hush and come here and give your mother a hug" she scolded me.I rolled my eyes but nevertheless I walked to her and gave her a hug, squeezing her. She patted my back.

She pulled away looking at me."What time will Raven pick you up?" She asked.
Raven my very irritating cousin.I was about to answer but a car started honking.
"I think you got your answer" I said kissing her. 

"Bye honey" she screamed after me. "Bye mama" I yelled while running out the door with my bag. I walked up to the car. 

"Get your ass in here. Don't want to be late on your first day" Raven said as I climbed into her car.
 "we would have time, but since you're a girl it shouldn't surprise me that we're late" I said.

She started riding.
God she is a handful, she was irritating but also funny. She was that one cousin who could make you smile instantly with one of her corny jokes.

But she was also crazy as hell.

"well sorry if I want to look good. You boys have it better then we girls. All you guys have to do is throw on a shirt and a pair of Jeans. We have to wear a bra and..." she couldn't continue further because I interrupted her.

"yeah yeah I know you've said it more than a thousand times " I told her.
She rolled her eyes."so are you nervous ?" she asked me. "no I'm cool" I said.

She snorted."yeah and i'm skinny.
"you are skinny" I stated which was true, she was skinny. But girls always thought that they are fat.

"no i'm not. I've been trying to lose a few pounds " she said. I

just nodded because I know that if I said something else we would have a argument.
And if there's one important thing I learned from my father is that you can never win against a woman. She'll always win you at a argument.