World's Best Backwards Driver

We were almost up the road with Mater begging McQueen to go look for the ghost light. "Tomorrow night we can go look for the ghost light!" Mater exclaimed. "I can't wait." McQueen said sarcastically. "I'm down!" I told him with excitement. "That's the spirit." Mater told me while McQueen rolled his eyes. "Oh boy you gotta admit that was fu-u-un!" Mater yelled. "Oh yeah. Yeah." McQueen responded. "Well. We better get you back to the work you love." Mater told McQueen. "Well actually, Sally's letting me stay at the motel." McQueen told us. "Ooohhh. Gettin' cozy in the cone now?" I smirked at McQueen. "No, no, no. Are you kidding? Besides she can't stand me." McQueen informed Mater. Yeah. I wonder why. "And I don't like her, to be honest." McQueen added. "Yeah you're probably right." Mater said. It was then a couple seconds of silence. "Hey look there's Sally!" Mater exclaimed. "What where?" McQueen said with excitement. Mater and I busted out laughing. "You're in love with Miss Sally!" Mater exclaimed. Mater and I kept beckoning on and on while McQueen kept denying it all while Mater was driving backwards. "Will you stop that?" McQueen asked him. "Stop what?" Mater asked. "That driving backwards stuff it's creeping me out. You're gonna wreck or something." McQueen commanded. "Wreck? Shoot. I'm the world's best backwards driver. You just watch this right here, lover boy." Mater said and he immediately took off driving backwards. He was going crazy with his lights blinking and doing donuts. "Mater! Mater!" McQueen screamed out to him. Mater went to the field and was driving backwards donuts and even jumping in the air. "He's nuts!" I exclaimed and McQueen agreed. "Hey no need to watch where I'm going!" Mater started. He turned around and stopped driving with his lights shutting off. "Just need to know where I've been." Mater finished. "Whoa! That was incredible! How did you do that?" McQueen questioned. "Review mirrors. We'll get you some and I'll teach you if you want." Mater suggested. "Maybe I can learn to do a backwards gallop." I mentioned and Mater chuckled. McQueen laughed and began driving away. "Yeah, maybe I'll use them in my big race." McQueen said in a sarcastic tone. I rolled my eyes. "What's so important of y'all's race?" Mater asked us. McQueen and I stopped. "Oh I'm not racing. He was giving me a ride to California and I happen to get stuck in his big mess." I told Mater, eyeing McQueen. I think McQueen now realizes how mad I still am at him. McQueen gave me a questionable look and turned to Mater. "It's not just a race. We're talking about the Piston Cup. I've been dreaming about it my whole life. I'll be the first Rookie in history ever to win it." McQueen explained to Mater. He really does care about that race a lot. Makes me mad. "We're talkin' big trucks, new sponsor with private helicopters. No more medicare bumper ointment. No more rusty old cars." McQueen said to himself. "What's wrong with rusty old cars?" Mater called out. Touched a nerve there, McQueen? "Well, I don't mean you Mater. I mean other old cars. Not like you. I like you." McQueen reassured Mater. "Eh it's okay, buddy. Hey maybe you think one day I can get a ride on one of them helicopters? I mean I have always wanted to ride in one them helicopters." Mater asked. "Yes same." I said. "Yeah, yeah, yeah sure." McQueen answered sarcastically. I knew he was being sarcastic but sadly Mater didn't. "You mean it?" Mater and I said in unison. "Oh yeah. Anything you say." McQueen said. "I knew it. I know that I made a good choice." Mater mentioned. "On what?" McQueen and I asked. "My new best friends." Mater said. That made me smile while McQueen was shocked but he smiled too. Mater smiled as well. "See you tomorrow, buddies!" Mater yelled as he began driving backwards. He started singing a song about McQueen and Sally parked in a tree kissing. McQueen and I laughed and began heading for the Cozy Cones. "Hey Angel?" McQueen called to me after I transported to my human self. I turned to him. "Hey uh sorry for ditching you that day." McQueen said. "It's fine. I'm overreacting." I told him. "Okay. Still friends?" McQueen asked. "Of course." I told him. "Goodnight, Angel." McQueen told me. "Goodnight, lover boy." I told him. We both chuckled and walked into our Cozy Cone. Through the closed garage door, I heard McQueen and Sally talking but couldn't understand what they were saying. I just went to sleep on a good note.