The Race

We had finally arrived at the race. I was at the pits as McQueen was lining up with The King and Chick Hicks. I could hear Darrell talking about how McQueen brought a special friend with him. I knew that they were talking to me. And I knew that a lot of cars were giving me looks. I didn't care. I was glad to be here. They were pitting around in the race when I saw Chick Hicks flash at McQueen. Chick was talking to McQueen when McQueen seemed to day dream. "No get your head out of the clouds, McQueen." I mumbled but McQueen didn't seem to hear him. "McQueen!!" I yelled. McQueen jumped as the flag was drawn and King and Chick took off in front of him. McQueen looked worried as if he wasn't going to catch the lead. I was giving points to McQueen and he was responsive. That is until I saw him day dream again until he hit a wall and went into the grass area. Of course Chick was laughing at him. That was when I turned and saw the gang from Radiator Springs. "Didn't expect y'all to be here." I said. "Didn't expect you to be a crew chief." Doc mentioned. "Here, you take over. I'm doing just fine without being one." I announced which made Doc chuckle. He got on the stage and put the headset on. McQueen turned to our direction and looked very happy to see us. "Well, Mater didn't get to say goodbye." Doc said. "Goodbye!! Okay, I'm good." Mater screamed. McQueen then drove over here as Mater put the flag down. Doc gave McQueen a little prep talk and then he took off, with a big smile on his face. I could tell he was happy to have his friends here with him.