The Final Showdown

A/N: Prepare the tissues! And as you know, the story is almost done as it is almost to the end of the movie. But I am changing up on what happens in the race to make it more emotional. And you play the song below once the text starts to italic down below, if you want to that is lol OK on with the story..

Angel's POV:

The race went on for a while and McQueen began to be in the lead. It made me so happy that McQueen was going to win this race. That was when McQueen and Chick came close to each other and Chick knocked McQueen back. I was about to yell out to him, until McQueen started driving backwards?? Chick was obviously shocked as McQueen took his place in second. "Mater you didn't!" I exclaimed. "Oh yes I did, Angel! We put some ol' rearview mirrors from last time!" Mater explained to me. I just laughed it off as the race continued. As a few laps passed, Chick suddenly grew angry and knocked McQueen out of the track with him and The King driving all over the place! "Chick and King are on the loose!" Darrell exclaimed. "I think McQueen's out of the race!" Bob yelled. So he wasn't. McQueen was doing Doc's method and I saw a smile spread on Doc's face. McQueen drove on his side some more, turned back straight, and went back on to the race track in first place. "Float like a Cadillac.." Doc started. "Steamin' like a beemer!" McQueen finished. The whole crowd cheered. McQueen was so close yet so far away from the final flag, but I knew he was going to win. But that was when I saw Chick trying to tail gate McQueen. McQueen was too busy being happy on almost winning that he didn't notice Chick gaining up on him! I had to do something. I turned into my horse self. "Whoa Angel what are you doing?!" Doc exclaimed at me. "No time!" I exclaimed as I took off running. My lungs started burning but I had to keep going. Chick was almost to McQueen but I made it to the track. I jumped in between Chick and McQueen. Chick reared forward too quick and hit me. My whole horse body flinged over McQueen and slammed on to the track. I felt my whole body become numb and myself leave my horse self and on to my human self. My chest hurt as I made every breath. It burned so badly. In my face was human McQueen, Mater, and the others being cars. I felt someone pick me up. McQueen. But I quickly cried out in pain. I didn't know what was broken or what. But my whole world was blurry as they put me on a gurney. All of a sudden, a song began playing in my head. A song I once heard in a horror movie. Don't remember the movie. But the song began playing...

Some days turn out bright

It's okay

Cause some days turn out bright

It's alright

McQueen and Mater were shoving breathing masks and needles into my skin. The only thing was haze, with my vision becoming blurrier and blurrier. All I did was look at McQueen. McQueen...

Some days will be grey

It's okay

Cause some days will be bright

It's alright

Had I really fallen in love with McQueen my whole month that I have been here? Wait. My family. They may be looking for me. My selfish ways had made me forget about them. The ambulance then stopped as they pulled me out of the back. In appearance was the hospital. 

I will set sail

To find my way

The wind will whisper

Which way to sail

I was pushed into the hospital. By my side were McQueen, Mater, Doc, in his now human form, followed by Flow and Ramone. That was when something flashed in my sights. It was the day I first saw the track. When I first saw the cars. The day I officially landed in the cars world...

Hold me tight

I still love you

Hold me tight

I still love you

Then the memory flashed to when I got lost with McQueen. And when we arrived at Radiator Springs. And to when I found out Doc was the Hudson racer. It turns out we stopped inside a room. A surgery room perhaps? McQueen was next to me. I reached my hand out to him. 

Some days will be bright

It's alright

Some days turn out grey it's okay

Cause some days turn out bright

It's alright

McQueen then saw my and and grabbed it. I saw tears. Actual tears in his eyes. 

And some days will be grey

It's okay

Cause some days will be bright

It's alright...

McQueen was saying something to me but I couldn't understand what he was saying. I wish I knew what he was saying.

I will set sail

 To find my way

The wind will whisper

Which way to sail

That was when McQueen kissed and held my hand. It was as if he was begging me to live. Oh God please let me live.,

Hold me tight

I still love you

Hold me tight

I still love you...

But then, my vision slowly began fading away. No, no. God please let me live. I want to be with McQueen. He is the one for me. I..

Hold me tight

I still love you

Hold me tight

I still love you...

...love him. Yes. I love Lightning McQueen. The race car that could turn into a human. And I could very well tell that he loved me back. 

Some days will be bright 

McQueen...

It's alright...