3.4

Two months earlier

Chicago, 1987

Stanley POV

I was pursuing one of the most dangerous serial killers in America, The Dancing Clown, he tortured the victims, killing them slowly, and leaving a painting of a clown smile at the crime scene, always with a clue of the next victim. Well, that's what the contractor, a commissioner, told me.

This commissioner had a partner, he said she had "peculiarities" and with that, he meant powers. This partner was a former patient, or as I like to say, victim of the MK Ultra, a project started by Brenner's father, Martin Brenner Sr.

We got very close, and she told me about this guy, Brenner, she also said she was working in this... Agency. What she hated most was the fact that her own father, the great chief Jim Hopper, had accepted him.

I asked about her relationship with Jim, she said even though he did this, they were very close, that's how I met him.

One month later, the Dancing Clown was dead, my face was famous now, and I hated that. So I decided to disappear a little from society.

~Before the first chapter~

That's when Jim called me.

"Hello, Stanley?"

"Yes, it's me." I said

"I'm sorry, Stanley... We found them... All of them." He said, in concern.

"It's okay, Hop, you tried. I said, holding back my tears. "And how is your daughter?" 

"She's fine, on her way now. Don't disappoint me."

"I won't."

"Tomorrow you'll have a visit, it will be him."

"Edward?"

"Yes. Listen, whoever is the killer, I need you to proceed with the plan." He said. "He'll bring a paper on his briefcase."

"Got it."

"Good luck, Stanley... The Losers Club needs you."

"Thanks, Hop."