Some Maybe Friends

Luke hated school. Loathed it, despised it, hated it with every fiber of his being. If it were a person, he would kill it, and not even feel guilty. Who ever invented school better have died a very painful death, and if not, then somebody should wake them up and make it so. These were Lukes thoughts as he made his way to his first period- maths. He studied the numbers on the doors carefully, before looking back down at his schedule. He sighed in relief as he finally found it, 20 minutes after the bell rang, and his heart sped up as he placed his hand on the handle. He could just skip this period, no need to interrupt the class. He was just About to turn away and hide in the bathroom when he heard a soft voice squeak behind him, "Um, excuse me, I need to get in." Luke spun around, and looked down. The girl gasped. "Luke Hemmings." She whispered. "You look familiar." Luke hummed, staring at the girl scrutinizingly. "Oh yeah! Youre the fan I met at the beach that one day! With Ash." Luke snapped as it came to him, remembering the shy girl who asked for a photo. "Luke Hemmings." The girl, Luke couldnt exactly remember her name, squeaked once more. Luke chuckled. "In the flesh." he said. This seemed to snap her out of it, and she blushed a dark red. "Sorry! Um, yeah, thats me, Im Leann. Um, may I ask why youre standing outside my math class, in the hallway of my high school?" She asked, her accent thick. "Well, I go here now. This is my math class, but I was kinda contemplating on whether to go in or not." Luke scratched the back of his neck. Leann smiled slightly. Luke thought it was meant to be reassuring, but it looked nervous. "Oh, dont worry, Mrs. Faust is ruthless, but shes pretty nice to new kids, and I mean youre Luke Hemmings, I dont think anyone could hate you so long as you do the homework and dont get caught chewing gum or talking to other students or taking really long bathroom breaks like I am and," She cut off for a breath. Luke stared at her in amusement.  "And Im really sorry, Im rambling, arent I? Im trying super hard not to freak out right now so yeah." she finished, blowing her bangs out of her face, her cheeks flushed. "Alright, alright. Ill give you a few seconds to scream, just keep it quiet." Luke grinned. Leann covered her mouth with her hands and screeched, jumping up and down. Luke laughed loudly at her antics. She huffed in a breath once more. "Alright Im done. Also my throat hurts." She pulled a phone out of her pocket and clicked it on. Luke smirked as he saw her background- a picture of him and Ashton. "Shit. We have to go in, like, now. Shes gonna kill me." Leann cursed. "Ready?" She asked Luke, who took a deep breath, and nodded. Leann stepped up to the door and knocked. A guy opened it a few seconds later, and Leann mumbled a 'thanks, Christian,' under her breath, before walking in. "Well, glad to have you back, Mrs. Leann." Mrs. Faust said sarcastically, and Leann turned a dark red as she scribbled in the time she had returned on the sign out sheet. Mrs.  Faust stood up. She was about as tall as any other girl, about 5'6. She had plain, shoulder length blonde hair, and a blue dress on, with blue heels. All in all, she was completely uninteresting. "And whos this?" She asked with a small smile as she spotted Luke. Luke straightened up, fixing his hair. He heard a few girls gasp as they recognized who he was. Leann looked towards Luke. "This is uh, Luke Hemmings. Hes the new student. I was talking to him outside, he seemed a bit nervous. Im sorry." She mumbled, taking her seat in the front of the row nearest the door. There was an empty seat next to her, the air conditioner on the other side, and Luke recognized the guy- Christian, apparently- in the desk behind the empty one. "Oh, wonderful! Im very glad to have you in my maths class. Youll be sitting here, next to Leann. She can show you what were doing today, and since the class is almost over, you may work on the homework." Mrs. Faust sat down in her desk, and Leann moved to sit next to Luke shyly. "Hey, you dont have to be so nervous, alright. Im just a human being." Luke said, trying to calm her down. "A very hot, very talented human being." Leann muttered before beginning to explain the math to him.

Luke loved food so much he thought he might actually cry when lunch time came around. Turns out he had every class with Leann, including lunch. "Let me introduce you to my friends." She said as he was dragged to a table. She pulled someone into a hug, before releasing her. "This is Jasmine." She pointed at the girl she had just hugged. She was pretty, with milky white skin, and dark black scene hair that fell across her forehead. She was skinny, clad in a My Chemical Romance tee shirt and skinny jeans. Luke noticed Leann was wearing the same shirt. "This is Allison." She pointed to a tall girl on her other side, who was also skinny, with mousy brown hair and glasses. She was wearing a Beatles shirt, also with skinny jeans. "Katie, and Gabby." Katie was frozen in shock as she was introduced to Luke, and Luke noticed his face plastered on her binder, along with the One Direction group and the other boys. "Want a hug?" he asked. Katie nodded slowly, and Luke pulled her into a hug. She squealed into his shoulder. "Only me and Jasmine go into the line, and now you. Ill show you my other friends, they dont sit with us." Leann beckoned Luke to follow her as she chatted with Jasmine, laughing at something she said. They joined the back of the line. "Okay, Luke, this is Lyric." She pointed to an ebony skinned girl, with thick, curly hair and hazel green eyes. She was skinny and curvy, in a blue Hollister polo. "Nice  to meet you." Lyric grinned and extended a hand to Luke. Her shook it, immediately liking her. "Youre in our gym." Lyric pointed out, and Luke nodded. Leann squealed as someone wrapped an arm around her waist, covering her eyes with his other hand. She giggled. "Guess who?" The guy asked. Leann giggled again. "Is it my lovely boyfriend?" She asked teasingly, before spinning around in his arms and leaning up on her tiptoes to press a kiss to the guys cheek. He had startling blue eyes, with brown hair that fell across the tan skin of his forehead. He was wearing a simple black v-neck and  jeans. Luke immediately thought he was cute. What, hes allowed to find other guys attractive, even if he was with Ashton. "Hunter, this is Luke, Luke, my boyfriend Hunter." She motioned her hand between them as She leaned into Hunter side. "Hey man. Youre that guy in the band, right? The on Leanns obsessed with." Hunter held his hand out and Luke shook it. Leann blushed, hiding her face in Hunters side. Luke pulled his phone out as it buzzed. 'hey im here we still meeting for lunch :P xxx' It was from Ashton. Luke cursed. "Shit guys, I gotta go. I forgot I promised Ash we'd meet for lunch. But, it was nice meeting you. Ill see you in fourth, Leann." Luke slipped out of the line and headed for the front office.

*Whoops okay so this chapter was longer then I expected it to be, so I am making a part two! Yayyyy! Also, yes, I have included myself in this story, and no, I dont have a super cute boyfriend with a really hot name like Hunter. Sad, but true. But all the friends in the story are modeled after my real friends. Pic in the side is Hunter, and yes, thats David Rodriguez, hes really hot*