The party

Ron and Hermione landed at the Burrow after Apparating there."Ah..home!"sighed Ron as he arrived there. Hermione laughed. He squeezed her hand gently and knocked the door."Sh..Sh..It's them"whispered George from the inside. Ron rolled his eyes and knocked the door again. Hermione giggled."One..two..three..Mum! Open the door"whispered George a little loudly again. Hermione giggled even more and Ron rolled his eyes again. Mrs Weasley opened the door."Hermione,dear! Oh,how lovely! Happy birthday,dear! What a wonderful day today is!"squealed Mrs Weasley hugging her daughter-in-law as tightly as she could.

"Hey,Hermione. Happy birthday"said George. Hermione hugged him."Thanks,George!"she said. Ron and Hermione entered,"So..Harry and Ginny?"asked Ron scanning the room."They're not here yet"she said. Suddenly,she gasped."Oh no! I haven't finished cooking! Sorry! But I have to go"said Mrs Weasley rushing to the kitchen. Hermione noticed she was still wearing her cooking apron. They sat down and talked with George. It seemed that Angelina had forced him to come because she was taking care of Fred who had the measles."So..what did your darling husband get you?"he asked playfully. Hermione blushed and looked at the floor,smiling."Shut up,George"said Ron."What? All I'm asking is what you got her for her birthday"said George laughing as if he were pinpointing something very obvious.

"Well..he made this little swing set made of roses for me in a nice little...place with a waterfall and a lake. It's beautiful. It's just so beautiful"she sighed happily. She could feel Ron gently interlace their fingers and smile at her."Well,I guess I can't compete with that"he laughed."What? You mean you got something for me to? George,you didn't have to"she said."Well,of course I had to. Your my last sister-in-law. You know,if Charlie ever wants to get hitched one of these days"he laughed. Ron and Hermione laughed with him.

"So,what did you get her?"asked Ron
"Is Ickle Ronniekins jealous?"
"What? No! And don't call me that!"
"It sure sounds like your jealous!"
"George,I'm not jealous!
"Fine. If you say your not then your not"

"As I was saying,I got for you a..."he began but got interrupted by a squeaking sound coming from upstairs. A cute little ball of pink came flying down the stairs."And here he is now"said George as the ball of pink slowed down next to him."A Pygmy puff!"gasped Hermione.

"George,I love it"
"I know you do. Ginny said you loved Pygmy puffs. You always used to play with Arnold"
"Yeah. Is this from Weasley's Wizard Wheezes?"
"Yup. So what your going to name it?"
"I don't know. I'll have to think about it"
"Fine. But remember to tell me"
"Don't worry. I will"laughed Hermione.

They talked for some time,enjoying the company of the Pygmy puff. They were talking about Ron's present that he gave Hermione."It was beautiful,George! I loved it! It was amazing! It..it was the best birthday present anyone has ever gotten for me"she said."Really? You never told me that!"said Ron smiling. Hermione just wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him softly on the lips. Ron kissed her back enthusiastically. George pretended to vomit."Sorry! I know your married now but..I'm still not used to seeing you two snog"he laughed playfully. The three of them burst out laughing.

There was a 'crack' coming from outside."I think they're here"said Ron turning down."Maybe"said Hermione. Sure enough,there was a knock on the door. Ron jumped to open it."Hey Harry"he said as he opened the door to see Harry and Ginny standing there. He pulled Harry in for a manly hug."Hey Ron. Long time no see"said Harry."And me"said Ginny. Ron laughed and hugged Ginny. They walked in."So,where's the birthday girl?"asked Ginny. But before Ron could answer,she squealed and ran over to where Hermione was."Hermione! Happy birthday! Sorry we're late!"squealed Ginny hugging Hermione.
_______________________________________________________________
Percy arrived a short while later with Audrey and his two daughters,Molly and Lucy. Bill and Fleur came too with Victoire,Dominique and Louis."I didn't realize so many people were coming. They actually wanted to come. For me"whispered Hermione to herself. She didn't know Ron was standing behind her and that he heard what she said. He gently wrapped his arms around her waist,squeezing her gently."Hey,don't say that,Hermione. Of course they'd come. We're family now. Your practically a Weasley. You are. They wouldn't miss your birthday"he whispered in her ear. He kissed her neck softly. Hermione giggled and spun around. He smiled at her. She leant in and kissed him,wrapping her arms around his neck. She rested her head on his shoulder,smiling. Ron kissed the top of her head."Come on. I think they're wondering where we are"he said. Hermione nodded. He held her hand not taking his eyes off of her. Hermione blushed and she led him towards the living room where all the families were talking and chatting together.