One last surprise

Ron and Hermione landed at their house after Apparating from the Burrow. Ron pulled Hermione into his arms. Hermione rested her head on his shoulder and smiled."I love you"she whispered. Ron caressed her hand softly and swayed a little."I love you more"he whispered in her ear. They stayed for, who knows how long. They seemed to forget their surroundings,the hot sun,the rushing sound of water coming from the lake beside their house and everything else. It felt like it was just them,in love. Ron held her even more tightly and kissed the top of her head. He gently carried her into their house and placed her on the ground softly. He leant in and kissed her on the lips his hands cupping her face. His thumb gently caressed her cheek."Remember there's still one last surprise for you"he whispered."Can't wait"whispered Hermione.

________________________________________________________________

Ron came down after showering only to see Hermione curled up on the sofa,fast asleep. He approached her slowly careful not to wake her up suddenly. He knelt down beside her and smiled. Ron leant in and kissed her forehead. Hermione's eyes slowly fluttered open. She was shocked at first. Ron came in closer."It's only me,love"he whispered. He watched Hermione's eyes relax a bit."Ron-"she began getting up slowly."Hey,Hermione. I know your tired. Don't get up because of me. Please. Go back to sleep"he whispered pushing her down by her shoulders. He stared at her beautiful,brown eyes. He brushed some hair from her forehead and kissed her forehead again. He pulled a stool for him to sit on."I'm going to wait till you fall asleep"he said brushing some hair from her face.

Hermione woke up shortly. She only slept for about fifteen minutes. She got up and looked around. She couldn't see Ron anywhere. Finally,she saw him leaning against the garden fence and facing the moon. It was shining brightly,taking shape as a crescent moon that night. She slowly approached and touched him softly. Ron jumped."Oh! Your awake!"he said gently placing his hands on her waist and pulling her closer to him. Hermione giggled."How long do you think I'd sleep,Ron?"she asked him playfully."Oh I don't know,maybe a year or so..."he said laughing. Hermione laughed. He took her hand and brought it to his lips,kissing it softly. Hermione gigged and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"You know,I would say your even more beautiful than the moon. In fact you are more beautiful than the moon"he said to Hermione smiling his goofy smile. He swayed her gently,not loosing sight of his beautiful wife. Hermione giggled and rested her head on his shoulder,smiling. Ron intertwined their fingers together with one arm around her waist."You still have one last surprise,love"he said."What is the surprise,Ron?"she asked as he gently wrapped his arms around her tiny waist."You'll see"he replied."But you always say that"Hermione pouted. He kissed her on the lips,smiling. She kissed him back. The moment was perfect. It was magical. They gripped each other tightly. Ron pushed her back a little by his force on her. When they broke apart,Hermione leant her head on his shoulder and smiled happily.

Gently,Ron took her hand and led her towards the outer part of their garden."Wait here"he whispered in her ear. Hermione watched him go into their shed and bending down to pick something up. Ron smiled and hid it behind his back so Hermione couldn't see. He went closer to her and suddenly took it from behind his back and showed her. Hermione gasped,her mouth hanging open. It was a cat! What Ron was carrying in his arms was a cat! A small ginger kitten that looked like it was only a few months old. She opened her mouth but no words came out. She looked at the cat,then at Ron who was smiling even more. He held the kitten close to her. It licked her nose softly. She took the kitten in her arms."Ron..it's..it's..it's a kitten!"she managed to say."And it's all yours now"he whispered taking her in her arms sandwiching the kitten in the middle."Surprise!"he said playfully.

She looked down at the kitten falling asleep slowly in her arms. Suddenly,she realized something. "Ronald Weasley! You put the kitten in the shed..did you even put food and water?"she asked him suddenly. Ron laughed nervously and looked at her. Hermione glared at him."But it was only for a few hours. I mean,he couldn't have died or anything,right?"he asked."No! But still he must be starving"said Hermione turning on her heel and heading into the kitchen. Ron followed her. She placed some bread in a bowl and put it in front if the cat together with some water in another bowl. She knelt down watching the cat eat and drink happily. Ron knelt down beside her and that was when Hermione crashed her lips against his as hard as she could. Ron enjoyed the kiss and he kissed her back with a lot of enthusiasm. When they broke apart,Ron mumbled to himself,"Bloody hell," while running his hands through his ginger hair. Hermione giggled."Thank you Ron. For everything. For everything you did for me today"she whispered as her husband wrapped his arms around her."Hey,I knew you missed Crookshanks! And..we sort of..got of on the wrong foot about that cat. And this is how I'll make it up to you"he whispered tucking some hair behind ear. Hermione glanced back and saw the cat who was still nibbling on a piece of bread.

"But..Ron..that was so long ago. Back in our third year"she asked."Yeah but Crookshanks had really grown on me..I was really sad when he was gone. But..now we can have another cat"he said pulling her closer to him. Hermione leant in and pecked him on the lips before snuggling closer to him watching the kitten lap up the water thirstily. Hermione picked up the kitten after it finished eating and drinking and held it closer to her."And what will you name him?"asked Ron."You name him Ron"whispered Hermione.

"I can't do that,Hermione"

"Why?"

"Because he's your kitten"

"Who gave me the kitten?"

"Still,I think you should suggest a name"

"Are you sure? Are you sure you don't want to name our new cat,Ron?"

"You should do it"

"I know you want to name the cat,Ron. I can see it in your face. It's written very clearly on your face"

"Fine! I do want to name the cat.."

"I knew it!"

"What about Otter? It's a cute name and it is your favorite animal"

"That's perfect,Ron"whispered Hermione snuggling closer to him. He bent down and kissed her cheek softly. Hermione giggled again."Well,Otter. Don't you think it's time to go to bed?"asked Hermione playfully. She got up first,then Ron. Otter was being clutched in Hermione's arms."And this will be where you'll sleep at night,Otter"said Hermione to the cat. Otter simply gave a soft meow. Ron and Hermione laughed.

________________________________________________________________

Hermione was sitting on the bed while reading her favorite book. Otter was curled up on her lap. Ron took her by surprise when he wrapped his arms around her. He kissed her neck softly. Hermione giggled and leant back so she can rest her head on his shoulder. His gaze locked into hers. Otter had already curled up in a ball and fell fast asleep."Your so beautiful. Your mine now and I'm yours"he whispered kissing her lips. Hermione put her hands on his chest. Ron looked into her eyes and held her hand to his chest."I love you,Hermione Weasley. You don't know how much I love you. Your the one for me,love. I know that. I've known that for years. I just wanted to let you know. And I'll always love you until I'm gone for good. I promise. And I'll never leave you. Never again"he said.

Hermione had tears in her eyes and they were threatening to fall down."Hey,hey,Hermione. Why are you crying,beautiful?"he asked her her thumb caressing her cheek softly."Ron..that's the sweetest thing you've ever said to me. I love you too and you are the one for me too. Never in a million years will there be someone better for me than you"she said kissing him. Tears were already rolling down her cheeks."Hermione...."he said slowly wiping away her tears with his hand. He kissed her lips again.

Ron yawned."Well,it's time to go to sleep"he said lying down on the bed. Hermione snuggled in closer to him after putting Otter in a small basket with a blanket to sleep on. Ron clicked his Deluminator(which he always keeps on the bedside table)and the lights went off. "

"Goodnight,beautiful"he whispered in his wife's ear lovingly. Hermione giggled. "Goodnight,Ron"she whispered. They leant in and pecked each other's lips softly. They fell asleep in each other's arms.

________________________________________________________________

A/N:Hello everybody! I really enjoyed writing this story even if there are a few mistakes that I'd like to redo. Thank you so much for reading my story and voting on my story too! It means a lot to know that people liked your story just as much as you do! I decided to update a few more chapters to my story! Hope you like it! It's coming soon!