The happy news

Hermione woke up very early. She always did when Ron wasn't beside her. He had gone on one of his Auror missions right after her birthday. It had been two months since they were gone. Ron always sent letters to his wife and she happily replied to them. Every single letter he sent to her always ended with 'I love you,Hermione' or 'I miss you,beautiful'. But Hermione was worried because Ron hadn't sent any letters in about a month. She even asked Ginny but Harry seemed to still be in contact with her. She cried almost every night thinking that they wouldn't be spending Christmas together. It would be their first Christmas as a married couple and he wouldn't be around with her to celebrate.

She laid awake thinking about how this would probably be Ron's first ever mission as an Auror. She didn't know how he would do,fighting Death Eaters that escaped Azkaban. An owl still delivers the Daily Prophet every day and she always checks it for any news about them. Ron still didn't respond to any of her letters which always made her even more worried than how she already is. Soon,Hermione got up to go to work. She loved being in the Department of Magical Law and Enforcement but she also missed her other job at the Ministry that she left behind.

________________________________________________________________

Hermione had just come back from work early and received a letter from Ginny. She clutched the letter so hard,she thought it was going to tear. She read it and reread it all over again,just to make sure.

Dear Hermione,

Harry just told me the most exciting news ever! Harry said they had captured all the Death Eaters and put them all back in Azkaban. And guess what? They're coming back today! In fact,I think they're already at the Ministry! They must have arrived just as you left,Hermione. This is amazing news. I was practically jumping when Harry sent me a letter,explaining everything. We've got to visit them,we just have to! I'm thinking of surprising them! Let's go together. Come over to my house and we can use the Floo Network to get to the Auror Office in the Ministry! I don't think it would be a problem because the place would almost be empty because all the Aurors might already be at home after work. I think Ron and Harry have to do some unpacking first in their offices. I hope you get this letter. See you at my house.

Ginny

Hermione was still in shock! Ron was going to be around for Christmas..and Christmas Eve! And they could spend it together after all! She was so happy that she immediately Apparated to Ginny's house."Ginny! Open the door"she shouted as she landed at the footstep of their house. Ginny opened the door."Hermione! You got my letter! Let's go"she said happily. Ginny stepped through the fireplace first and shouted,"The Auror Office in the Ministry of Magic". Bright green flames swallowed her and she disappeared.

Hermione did the same and found herself at the Ministry. They were in the Auror Office. Ginny was right. The place did seem deserted except a few Aurors,who didn't even notice them."What did I tell you? The place is almost empty. I think we should split up. You find Ron and I'll find Harry. They'll probably be in their offices"said Ginny. Hermione nodded. Ginny went right while Hermione went left. Her heart was thumping in her chest. What if she ran into Ron? What if he wasn't in his office? What if he already left to go home and see her for the first time in two months? She gulped and went down a corridor.

Ron was in his office. He was busy unpacking all his stuff from his office to be put back in its original place. He felt happy that the mission was over. It was tiring. He did get stunned..twice by Death Eaters. All he wanted was to see Hermione. And snog her and cuddle her in his arms, just the thought of her made his heart melt. If only he could see her now..right now...by the time he would finish unpacking,it would probably be very late and Hermione would be asleep. He sighed.