Skipping rocks again

It was a beautiful July morning. Hermione adjusted Ron's tie like how she did every morning before Ron went to work."I don't think I can eat breakfast today"he said."Why not?"asked Hermione confused."I'll be late for work"he said. Hermione just rolled her eyes."Ron! You won't be late for work! I've left later than you before"she said."Fine"he sighed. Hermione took his hand and led him downstairs. As soon as they finished eating breakfast,they held hands and Apparated to the Ministry.

After a few hours,it was their lunch break at the Ministry. Hermione(because she now worked as a lawyer in the Magical Law and Enforcement) had a lot of work to do and couldn't afford to take a lunch break. Suddenly,when she was finishing some paperwork in her office there was a knock n the door."Come in!"she called. Ron stepped into her office."Hey..your not taking lunch again?"he asked."Ron! What are you doing here?"she asked as she got up."I wanted to see you"he replied."Today of all days,I presume"she said grumpily. Ron could tell she was a bit stressed. He slowly took her hand and pulled her into his arms."Hermione...I think you need a break"he whispered."A break? I can't have a break,Ronald. I'm very busy. Not like you..."she said looking away.

"I know you want to finish up all your work fast,love. But you don't have to, I wanted to spend my lunch break with you today"he whispered, slowly stroking her hair away from her face. Hermione smiled."Well..maybe your right"she said. Ron kissed a strand of hair on her cheek making her giggle slightly."That means I have about an hour with you until lunch break is over"he said flopping down in one of the armchairs in Hermione's office. She sat down next to him."So how is your new job coming along?"he continued."It's fine. I've got tons of work to do and I don't know how to cope"she said softly. Ron slowly lifted her chin so that their eyes met."I know you,Hermione. Remember in our third year? When you took so many subjects that you needed a time-turner? You did all of that...and to me with all that homework,I think your job doesn't even give you that much,does it?"he said. Hermione laughed and shook her head.

"And I really miss S.P.E.W. I wish I could still organize it even though I'm no longer working in the Department of the Care and Control of Magical Creatures"she sighed."Hey...I know you miss your old job. But you got promoted for a reason. Because your so smart and hardworking. You a perfect lawyer to me. And don't worry,I'm still treasurer of S.P.E.W, right?"he said. Hermione laughed."Of course! Sometimes you know just what to say to cheer me up,Ron"she sighed happily,resting her head on his shoulder. He kissed her forehead. The both of them continued to talk and laugh."I suppose you only wanted to spend your lunch break with me because Harry and Ginny aren't here. They're busy taking care of James. Can you believe he's only a day old? We have to visit them sometime"said Hermione."I've spent lunch break with you loads of times before and yes,we have to visit them"laughed Ron.

"Ginny sent me an owl just now. She said he has green eyes like his father. He might just be a miniature version of Harry"said Hermione giggling."I doubt it. He might have red hair"laughed Ron."We could visit them tomorrow?"asked Ron."I can't,Ron. What about all the work I have to finish?"she said looking worried."Hermione...I don't even think you have to finish it by tomorrow,do you?"he asked her."It's due at the end of next week!"she said."You've got a lot of time left"he whispered looking into her eyes. Hermione just rolled her eyes playfully at him and kissed him on the lips softly."I have to think about it"she whispered.
_________________________________________________________________

Ron had just Apparated back home. Hermione would usually rush to see him and ask him how was his day but she was nowhere to be found."Hermione?"he called. There was no answer expect for Otter jumping about, clearly excited to see him. Hermione was definitely not in the house. He knew almost immediately where she was. He then Apparated to their special place by the waterfall. And sure enough,she was there kneeling by the lake. She had a flower in her hair and she was smiling at her reflection in the lake. Ron prayed that Hermione didn't notice he was there so he could just admire her beauty. But she did notice him."Ron! Your back. How did you know I was here?"she asked,running towards him and wrapping her arms around his neck."I don't know. I just had a feeling"he whispered.

"What were you doing by the lake?"he asked her."I was figuring out how to skip rocks since I never learnt. And then I remembered when you tried to teach me back when we were searching for the Horcruxes"she smiled. Ron wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close."I can try to teach you again if you like"he whispered."You know I can never learn,Ron"she giggled."Come on,Hermione. Your the brightest witch of your age. Of course you can"he whispered,taking her hand and leading her to the lake.

"Ok...so the first step is to kneel down"
"Alright"
"Then,take a stone. Think you can do that?"he teased.
"Ron! Of course I can"
"Okay..then you have to get up..."
"Ron!"
"What?"
"Your not teaching me how to skip rocks! You'd might as well teach me how to hold a stone"
"Alright,alright,fine"

Hermione got up and Ron hugged her tightly from the behind."Is this just an excuse to get close,Ron?"she asked."Yeees...."he said laughing. Hermione laughed. He took her arm gently and swayed it gently."Like I already told you,keep this arm back..swish and flick!"he said. Ron got hold of her and slowly took her arm and flicked it."What about that?"she asked as the stone fell into the water."No,that's completely wrong. The stone didn't bounce off the water"he said shaking his head."Well...fine! I won't stop trying"she said. Ron smiled.

After a few tries,finally the stone bounced off the water."I did it! I really did it!"she squealed. Ron kissed her lightly. Hermione smiled when they broke apart,the only sound was of the gushing sound of water."So...did you finally make your decision to visit the Potters tomorrow?"asked Ron. There was a tiny hint of worry in his voice."I thought about it and I think visiting them tomorrow is the best decision. Family first"she said. Ron smiled and breathed a sigh of relief."You know,you could just go without me even if I said no"she said amused."It won't be the same without you,love"he whispered pulling her even closer to him.
_________________________________________________________________