Chapter 1

Before I start this story I want to give a trigger warning for abuse, suicidal thoughts, bad language, attempts of rape, sexual content, etc...
Hope you enjoy <3

I wake up to the sound of my alarm going off. I aggressively turn off my alarm and sigh in defeat. Great. First day of school. I am not excited. I hate my life. High School is so fucking self depriving and a waste of time. A prison for teenagers to go crazy trying to understand the development of becoming an adult in this shitty society. Forced to complete 12 years of worthless education to be told we have to go to college just to barely make a living to get by every day. Fucking suffocating. I guess it gives me a place to hide away. What am I hiding from you ask? You'll see.

I get out of my bed and head to my bathroom. I jump in the shower and wash my hair. When I get out I let my hair air dry. I walk into my closet to pick out an outfit. I throw on some high-waisted shorts, a black crop top, and a leather jacket. I know, typical of a bad girl. What can you expect? I curl my hair, put some makeup on, and wear my black, heel, combat booties. 

I walk downstairs trying to be as quiet as I can. When I get to the bottom step I see my stepdad sleeping on his usual recliner chair. YES! I walk past him quickly trying to be quiet.

"You think you can just sneak past me without your daily beating?" He says standing up.

Damn heels! Why do I even bother looking good?

"Well duh," I spit back.

"You better watch that mouth of yours!" He threatens and takes a step forward.

"Or what?" I cower behind my words.

"That's it!" He says.

He strides toward me and shoves me against the wall. I hit my head but I'm okay. He grabs my hair so hard I think I could feel it ripping out of my head. He throws me on the ground and gets on top of me. He starts throwing punches hard at my face. I could feel a tear run down my cheek from the pain. He throws punch after punch. I feel like it will never end. but then finally, he gets off me. He stands up and kicks me in the stomach. I whimper in pain and hold my stomach.

"Now leave bitch!" He yells.

"Gladly." I managed to speak out, and I limp out of the house.

I run to my car and get in. I open my mirror to see today's damage. Bruises are covering my cheek and busted lip. Blood is flowing out of my lip. I try and clean myself up the best I can. They hurt as much as they look. I close the mirror so I don't have to look at myself anymore and drive off to school.

For reasons I will never understand, my mother married Travis. He is an alcoholic piece of shit and I have never wished death on someone so badly. That excuse of a man does not deserve to live. He has made my life a living hell. He has beaten and raped me to the point where all I could do was pray to die so I never have to feel that way again. I never see my mother anymore. She is a trauma nurse who works nights and is constantly staying over. She works her ass off while this worthless bastard sits there drinking himself to death taking this family down with him. Sometimes I hate her for it. 

 When I get to school I park in my usual spot. No one dares to park in my spot because they know I'd rip their head off. I walk in and as usual, eyes are on me. I could even see people whispering and pointing at my fresh bruises. I start to get annoyed by all the stares and whispers.

"What the hell are you staring at!" I scream and everyone goes back to what they were doing.

This place is my hell. Everything changes when I see an angel. My best friend, Harley. I run over to her and smack her butt. A yelp came from her mouth and then she saw me.

"Ash!" She said and pulled me into a hug. "I've missed you so much!"

"Me too," I said. "So how are you?"

"Who cares about me, look at you! Omg, Ash what happened?" Harley said pointing out my bruises.

I close my eyes mentally face-palming. "I was hoping you wouldn't notice that," I said sighing.

"Well?" She says expecting an answer.

"I got in another fight." I lie and shrug.

"Seriously Ash you can't keep doing this. Look how bad you look. Do they hurt?" She says with worry in her eyes.

"Thanks for saying I look bad, and no Mom they don't hurt." I lied again.

Lies. That was most of my life. Lying always got me through life. It masked the pain and emotions I felt. It makes things easier. That's why I chose to do it.

"Right, well let's get to class before we're late," Harley says closing her locker.