Chapter 24

~Mason's POV//

I walk back into the house and see everyone sitting on the couch and they all look at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Cooled down?" Lucas asks.

I nod my head.

"Good. Time for a plan." Sam says.

I roll my eyes realizing what they're trying to do.

"I'm thinking we all get guns and weapons and barge in there and take her back!" Harley says.

"That's a shit idea. Even if we were all going you girls would stay here." I say.

"Exactly!" Hunter says.

"But you guys need all the backup you can get." Emily says.

"Nobody needs back up because no one is going." I get annoyed.

"What are you talking about?" Jordan questions.

"You're not gonna just leave my sister to die! I will kill you!" Hunter stands up threatening me.

"No one is going because you'll end up like Ash and there's no point. I'm going and going alone. They just want me. I'll go in there, they'll take me and let Ash go. Problem solved." I say aggressively.

"You'll be killed!" Lucas raises his voice.

"So? At least Ash will live." I say hurt.

"She'll live in misery. You know how much she loves you and can't live without you. Is that what you want?" Sam says.

"She's probably so angry at me. I promised her I'd protect her and I failed. That's the reason they have her. She'll be glad I died." I say truthfully.

"How can you even say that!" Harley screams and stands up. She slaps me in the face. "Get ahold of yourself. Who are you to even say what she's thinking. I don't care how much she's told you about herself, I've known her way longer than you and know that she would not be mad at you." Harley yells and a tear runs down her cheek.

"You're all staying here and that's final!" I scream.

"You can't make us. I'm saving my sister and you have no choice." Hunter says.

"Fine! Everyone go and everyone can die!" I scream.

I throw my duffle bag onto the table and open it. I pull out guns and ammo and starts loading them. Lucas stands up and helps me. I hand the girls small pistols cause I don't trust them with big guns. I see Lucas run out of the house and come back in with a backpack. He pulls out a pair of brass knuckles and a switch blade. I give Hunter and Lucas autos and grab mine. We all get in our cars and they follow me.

~Ashley's POV//

I wake up remembering where I am and feel tears run down my cheek again. It's already been a whole day. What if Mason never comes? What if he left me here to die. I start sobbing.

"Stop crying!" The guy from yesterday screams.

"We've set it up for you James." I hear someone say to him.

"I'll come when I'm ready!" James screams at him.

He slams the door open and looks to me. I stands up and try and run but he pushes me hard against the wall. He sniffs my hair and I squirm to get away but he's too strong.

"I can see why he likes you." James says rubbing his hands up and down my body.

I flinch and scream trying to make him stop. He then puts his hands on my butt and squeezes tightly.

"Let go of me you sick pervert!" I jerk.

"That's it you stupid whore!" He screams and pulls out his knife. He rips open my shorts with incredible strength. He goes for my underwear and I try and move away.

"No!" I cry and try and push him off me.

He cuts down my stomach and I scream at the top of my lungs. The pain rushing through me.

~Mason's POV//

We get to their secret hide out and we all get out of the car. I tell them to stay behind me. I kick down the door and see guys rush to me Lucas runs up to me and we shoot them down. We all rush in and start shooting all the men that come towards us. I hear screaming and my heart drops knowing who's screaming that is. A tear runs down my cheek thinking of what they've done to her. Will she even want me back?

"Mason lets go!" Hunter screams waking me from my thoughts. I see a door and open it to see James cutting Ashley on the thigh She's screaming and crying. I see Harley rush in behind me and then screams seeing everyone getting pulled back and just leaving me, Harley and Lucas left in the room.

"Mason, Lucas. What a surprise!" James says letting Ash fall to the floor.

He walks over to Harley.

"And who's this pretty thing?" He smirks.

I aim my gun at him.

"It's over James!" I scream.

"Is it?" James questions with a smirk.

The door slams open and three more guys come running in. Two men taking Lucas to the floor and one pointing a gun at Harley. She drops her weapon putting her hands in the air. I look at them and then look to Ash. She's on the floor bleeding and basically naked. Her makeup is all smeared on her face from crying. I can't take it anymore. I shoot James. I feel a pain in my shoulder and hear more gun shots. I fall to my knees in pain. I crawl over to Ash not caring what happens behind me. I grab the back of her head so she looks at me. She faintly smiles.

"I started to think you weren't coming." She says and a tear runs down her face.

"I would kill myself if I left you here to die." I say kissing her forehead.

She puts her hand on my face and a tear falls from my cheek on hers. She wipes another tear from my face with her thumb.

"Don't cry babe." She whispers.

"I didn't protect you. I made a promise and I broke it." I say wanting to punch myself in the face.

"Mason you didn't break anything. You couldn't help it. You were sleeping and I was stupid enough to walk towards the danger. You just came and rescued me. You're my protector." She says with a genuine smile.

She's so beautiful. Especially when she smiles. It makes me wonder how I've come to deserve her? Why she decides to stay with a piece of shit like me? I pick her up bridal style. I hiss at the pain in my shoulder from getting shot and carry her out of this shit hole. I ignore everyone around us and place her in the passenger seat of my car. We took separate cars so I speed down the road dangerously.